Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

In good faith of the s2ki community

Old 01-19-2008, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In good faith of the s2ki community

I started a thread trying to get a part made (feels replica spoiler) for the s2000 and one of the moderators deleted it without even a PM explaining their reasoning, it just disappeared. . .why is it that it seems some of the mods only work in they're interest and not what may be the interest of the s2ki community. . . sounds like politics?

Agree or Disagree

EDIT: This is meant in no disrespect to any of the mods, it is just extremely frustrating when I spent a good amount of time gathering pictures, and wording the thread so that it was on a professional level to only find out the next morning it has completely disappeared from the forum without an explanation. Btw this is not the first of my threads to be deleted without a reason (there may have been a reason, and I am just not aware of it, and if that is the case I appologize).

I'm just irritated and needed to vent.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:22 AM

i,ve had some "issuses withsome mods here " i wont mention who , but even so i still think they do a much better job than most ....plus it does help the site to have tuff mods ie u know what i mean......keeps the site still one of the best out there for our little wonder mobile
Old 01-19-2008, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by 03 9g,Jan 19 2008, 02:22 PM
i,ve had some "issuses withsome mods here " i wont mention who , but even so i still think they do a much better job than most ....plus it does help the site to have tuff mods ie u know what i mean......keeps the site still one of the best out there for our little wonder mobile
Yes, I do agree with that. I just don't understand what I was hurting by trying to get a replica spoiler created for some of us who are on a lower income budget.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:29 PM

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

IBTL
Old 01-19-2008, 12:51 PM

can you post a picture of that feels spoiler..im in a hunt to find a wing for my car and want to see how it looks and i might like it.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:48 PM

mods will probably lock/delete this little but comunististic (a real word??)

IBTL
Old 01-19-2008, 03:38 PM

first time im ibtl
Old 01-20-2008, 04:55 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Im not touching this with a 10ft pole.

You have a specific problem with a Mod I suggest PMing them and/or the Admin. Or start a similar topic in Site Info. There are rules to be followed/enforced - you should have gotten a PM...but if you didn't sorry. I didn't "delete" / DUMP it - so I can't give you an explanation why.

Moving to site info now.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:09 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

If you have an issue with a mod specifically PM a Site Mod or Admin.

Usually the reason threads are deleted is that they breach the rules.

Have a good look at those.

And it is "their" "they're" means "they are"

Old 01-20-2008, 06:09 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The "mods" work only in the interest of the community. They have no other interests. What sort of "interest" do you think they have?

Moderators are given a copy of the rules and off they go. They aren't compensated in any way. They discuss amongst themselves how to interpret and enforce the rules with guidance and clarification from the Admins where needed.

Each moderator interprets the rules a little differently and applies them within their forums to suit the nature of the forum. S2000 Talk functions differently than say Off-Topic so things which may be unacceptable in one forum may be fine in another, it depends on the nature of the forum and the individual moderators.

If you disagree with an action taken by a moderator then you should contact them and ask for some explanation of why they consider your post out-of-bounds. If you're snarly, bitchy or demanding they will probably tell you to go **** yourself so I suggest a polite and friendly inquiry rather than "I demand you undelete my post you bleepity bleep bleep!!".

What they do they do on their own time for what they believe is the best interest of the forum they moderate. Respect that and you'll get a friendly and detailed explanation of the problem. You will get back what you put in.

Quick Reply: In good faith of the s2ki community