Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Cannot re-validate my account

Old 11-06-2004, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cannot re-validate my account

I sent an email to support@s2ki.com on the 3rd regarding a problem I am having revalidating my account, but I haven't received any response. I'm posting about my problem here in order to make sure my email wasn't overlooked. I don't know if you guys are especially busy right now, but I would appreciate some indication that I'm at least in a sort of queue. My ticket number is 296471. If you would like me to post my problem description here, I will do so. Thank you.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some of our emails get blacklisted because the IP address range assigned to us by our ISP is on some spam blacklists. This is especially an issue with AOL. All of the IP addresses assigned to our ISP are on these lists because they have some customers who are spammers and they don't do anything about it. Very soon all IPs and all ISPs will be blacklisted and email will stop functioning completely.

Our only real option is to relay our outbound email to a server at an ISP which isn't blacklisted. My main concern with that option is reliability. If that link goes down all email will stop. That makes me a bit nervous.

I will try and send you an email from the servers. If you get it then you shouldn't be having a problem. If you don't then we'll need to find another way to get you email.

Look for my email...
Old 11-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm, I just noticed something....

If you hadn't validated your account by email you wouldn't be able to post Your status says Guest which means you are validated. Are we talking about something else?
Old 11-08-2004, 12:11 PM

Yogi (Sunday, November 7 2004 12:39pm)
Michael,

I approved the account manually so you should be okay now. We've been having validation issues, this was par for the course. Thanks for letting us know though. Let us know if you have any other issues as well.

Yogi.
Once you're in, let me know so I can get rid of frycowtemp (you shouldn't have two accounts ).
Old 11-08-2004, 06:41 PM

I am in. Thank you for fixing the problem, yogi.
By the way, I received the test e-mail you sent to posts@frycow.com, cthree.