Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Browser quits displaying images

Old 09-05-2003, 01:38 PM
mas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, it's the blue fin pic in speeeding's sig. I think I had a problem with this one before. I don't know what exactly is wrong with it. I guess since he's a sponsor he might have banners like this that are screwing up the home page as well? Once again, it's not his fault, but that's what the problem seems to be. Damn MS!

As a temp fix, turn off sigs.
Old 09-05-2003, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Whats the URL of the pic? Is it an image in our photogallery or on another site?

Going to check it out now.
Old 09-05-2003, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmm all 3 pics in his sig are from our image gallery. I wonder if it's just him or if its other pictures in the gallery too.

Bad jpeg maybe?
Old 09-05-2003, 05:54 PM
Former Moderator

It is only this site for me so i don't think XP is the culprit. In 30 minutes of surfing here it seems like I have to reload my browser 3 times. And yes i have big problems with that girlfriend thread on page 61. My encoding doesn't change either.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:16 PM
mas

Yes, it's got nothing to do with XP since I'm running 98.

Encoding does not look like the problem as well, could be a non-standard jpeg that the IE codec cannot take care of?

I can easily duplicate the problem by just accessing the "blue fin" pic in his sig. An easy thing to try would be to open the jpeg in photoshop and convert is to a bitmap, save, then convert the bitmap back to a jpeg.....
Old 09-05-2003, 07:10 PM
mas

Krazik:

The suggested "fix" in my last post will probably not work if you have PhotoShop 7. Here's a better one:

Open the "blue fin" file in Photoshop 7

Go to File->Save As

Pick a new name for the file

Leave the format as JPEG

Click on "Save"

You'll see the new window with "JPEG options"

Leave everything alone, just MAKE SURE THAT THE PREVIEW OPTION IS NOT SELECTED on the right (under the cancel button).

Click on OK to save the file and you're all set.

Now you can delete the old file and give it's name to the new file.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:34 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I had this same problem for some time. I found that after viewing a post by "Speeding". It started. It seams that his sig has a pic that does it to me. It took me about 1 month to figure it out. I now have him on my ignore list and read his posts using the "hover" method.

I PM him and asked what he used to create the image and explained my issue. He had no idea why.

But the ignore this have been working for the last few months so there has to be something to this.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:52 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stratocaster
[B]I had this same problem for some time. I found that after viewing a post by "Speeding". It started. It seams that his sig has a pic that does it to me.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Speeeding uses a Mac so it's not Windows fault (for once). I'm not at all sure what the issue is but I'm working on it.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:20 AM
mas

Originally posted by cthree
Speeeding uses a Mac so it's not Windows fault (for once). I'm not at all sure what the issue is but I'm working on it.
Did you try the fix I suggested, I'm pretty sure it will take care of this "problem". If you want I can PM you with more info on what causes the problem, etc...

This IS a windows (IE) problem, trust me.

Quick Reply: Browser quits displaying images