Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Becoming a Member / Renewing Membership - Status (Broken) - Merged Topics

Old 06-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=210240
Old 06-11-2004, 02:29 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Add me to the list of people who want to give you money, but can't until the membership section gets fixed...
Old 06-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm sure cthree isnt purposly not taking your money I can assure you it is top of his priorities
Old 06-11-2004, 09:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe. with certainty, that this board appreciates all our efforts to pay our membership dues, which have been thwarted by computer glitch. I should like to take this opportunity to state that I am most happy that my s2k IS NOT as unreliable as my computer! And neither is my Mercedes Benz or my Ford. Basically, this digital technology is not quite "cooked" yet. If computer technology were the technology of a car, there would be massive recalls and class action suits, with merit. I cannot conceive how manufacturers of other products are held to such high standards, while makers of computer hardware and software are allowed to make and sell crap with no legal recourse. But right now, it is the s2kl board that is suffering, and not us. For all of us who want to renew our membership, or to join for the forst time, all I can recommend is to keep checking. Surely, not even this digital crap can be broken forever!

Thanks,
Richard
Old 06-11-2004, 09:55 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

On a "side note" .....................................
Does everyone recall all those nay-sayers, detractors and S2Ki haters posting stuff about how this site's owners are a bunch of money grubbing bastards who only think about revenue and nothing else? Don't you suppose that if this were true, that getting the membership payment feature up and running would be a TOP priority that needed to be done YESTERDAY regardless of ALL other issues going on?
And through all this delay, I wonder how many people will lose their "member" priveleges (system glitches not withstanding)? Oh, the horror!

OK, so let's hear all the rebuttals. We can all use a bit of entertainment.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:33 PM

xviper:

Quite to the contrary, many of us feel that your board offers a good deal for those of us with s2k's. We know that our car is too "limited production" for advertisers to take up all the financial slack, and are willing to pay a small amount to keep the board going. I can recall the time YOU suggested I pay and join, and (frankly) at that time I did not know that one should pay to join. I did so immediately. Yeah, I've been "flamed" and cussed out a few times, and once or twice I probably deserved it. But I always had the option of ignoring it, so no big deal. When you get your fix in, I'll renew, because I look forward to learning more about what to do and what not to do.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 06-12-2004, 07:44 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dolebludger
Quite to the contrary, many of us feel that your board offers a good deal for those of us with s2k's.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:29 PM

xviper:

Thanks for the compliments. I need some now and then. Basically, the s2ki board is the closest thing many of us S2000 owners have to a "car club", because there are too few of these in a given location for a car club to be formed. I also belong to the Mercedes Benz Club of America (MBCA), which charges $45 per year. For that, we get an on line forum that is not quite as developed as s2ki, plus a magazine that is really outstanding, six times per year, plus the ability to go to local club meetings (for those of us fortunate enough to have such that meets in our area).

By my calculations, $10 of the $45 goes to the local club for door prizes and such. The magazine supports itself via advertising (MBCA has around 200,000 members). And MBCA itself has revenues, as it sells MB clothing and misc. items. And it should be noted that one cannot post on the MBCA internet forum unless one is a member.

Before that, we had a Miata and belonged to the Miata club with dues of about $25 per year with no internet forum (back then, they weren't invented yet). But it was lots of fun.

The bottom line here is that there is no such thing as a free car club! None are very expensive, and s2ki certainly is not. And s2ki is very generous in allowing non-members to post. Basically, if anybody thinks they are getting "ripped off" by s2ki's dues, they can just not pay and post away! They shoud try that on MBCA, as they won't get far. I think s2ki is to be commended for it's open approach, in basically saying "if you think the info is worth it to you, join and send in your dues, and if not, don't." As a long time consumer advocate, I can think of no more consumer-oriented approach than this.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 06-14-2004, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Membership Help Please

I've recevied a renewal pm that provides a URL of https://www.s2ki.com/membership/ but this gives a Page Not Found. Can anyone advise where I go to renew my membership.

Cheers
Chris
Old 06-14-2004, 02:49 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Chris the membership system is being fixed by cthree right now - its broken. Check Site info (where I am moving this to) for more details

Quick Reply: Becoming a Member / Renewing Membership - Status (Broken) - Merged Topics