Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Another Search Feature Rant

Old 08-24-2010, 08:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down Another Search Feature Rant

This is in response to all the posts of members telling people who are asking questions to search...

If the search feature for IPB forums wasn't complete and total crap I would easily find anything and everything I needed.

Unfortunately though it is crap, and it's damn near impossible to find any data that isn't irrelevant or 8 years old. The stickies/FAQs just happen not to have much (if any) info on my questions either.

Not all of us have months upon months of time to lurk the neccesary forum and hopefully be lucky enough to soak up all the information we need. Some people need information in a timely manner and are unable to find it posted already, and thus ask questions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that why s2ki is a message board? Isn't that what message boards are for... to ask questions? If not, then why is anyone allowed to post?

I've been a moderator on a large forum before, so I understand it must get monotonous to read the same questions over and over... but guess what, as I said before, it's not easy to find answers on this forum. And even if it was, no one is forcing you to read my questions. If you're tired of reading the same questions over and over then don't read them and don't post!

I apologize if anyone feels this was targeted specificially at them, as it was not. This was just simply an observation/aggravation of the whole situation.

I do not blame s2ki, as the search feature is terrible on all IPB forums.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Former Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Have you used the beta search we are testing..

https://www.s2ki.com/search-beta?query=
Old 10-09-2010, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've tried the beta search. Unfortunately, most of the results seem to be at least 4-6 years old. Sure would be nice if it could be sorted by date posted or date last responded.

(Third post on this topic - sorry, but a search on the word "search" wasn't very helpful.)