Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

Rock the Dragon 2025 - Save the date!

Old Today, 12:53 PM

Received 144 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Rock the Dragon 2025 - Save the date!

We left Fontana this morning around 9 am, took a detour across Blood Mountain in Georgia, missed a turn and ended up on the South end of GA 60. I arrived back home a little after 2pm CST. This was by-far the smallest meet I've been to, but that was to be expected considering the circumstances. Thank you to all who came! It was great to see ya'll again after such a hot Summer! This Fall's meet may have been small on turnout, but it was definitely big on fun!

Admittedly, it was a bit weird going to play in proximity to an area devastated by such a massive catastrophe. However, the areas we normally drive were mostly unaffected and I only saw evidence of the occasional downed tree. In the areas we love to vacation, many people need all kinds of help, especially in the areas most affected by the floods. My heart goes out to them and I encourage all who are willing and able to help. That said, even the other areas in proximity still need tourism dollars coming in to survive given that this has resulted in so many cancellations.

I anticipate there being increased normal traffic on the Dragon for awhile, at least until the interstates are opened back up. That is A-OK though, as the police moved in quickly to help quell the biggest issue: 18-wheelers. I look forward to seeing all the photos that will be posted in the coming days!

The next event will be May 15 - 18, 2025, so be sure to mark your calendars and get ready!

Last edited by vortamock; Today at 03:11 PM.