S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Another HS Shooting

Old 09-04-2024, 09:48 AM

Received 5,739 Likes on 3,382 Posts
Default Another HS Shooting

Early reports are 4 dead, 30 injured in Winder, Georgia.
Old 09-04-2024, 09:51 AM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Early reports are 4 dead, 30 injured in Winder, Georgia.
It never ends. Didn’t take long, school just started. Another lunatic I’m guessing.
Old 09-04-2024, 12:51 PM

Received 3,762 Likes on 2,653 Posts

^ It happened a bit early but not far off from what we tend to see each year, there always seems to be one in the fall months after school starts. Having kids going back to school and seeing the happy friendships forming and social media buzzing about the " cool" kids must be just enough to set someone off in some place. Social pressures are immense now, it is nothing I could relate to but it means everything to the current gens.

Last edited by zeroptzero; 09-04-2024 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-04-2024, 02:38 PM

Received 3,180 Likes on 1,836 Posts

14 year old in custody. How sad. Ray, I don't think lunatic is appropriate. This child (and at 14 he is a child) must have had major issues. He will be treated like an adult, if I read that correctly.

If the weapon used belonged to his parents, they need to be held accountable. If you keep guns in your home, they need to be secured properly. Locked.
Old 09-04-2024, 04:11 PM

Received 417 Likes on 381 Posts

Its Fuked up
5 kids arrested for murder in Uk of 80 year old male walking his dog 12-14 year old kids ffs 2 girls 3 boys ! Shocking.
Bet not fire arms,but knives = first degree....

Last edited by noodels; 09-04-2024 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-04-2024, 05:01 PM

Received 611 Likes on 426 Posts

A unique America problem...
The following users liked this post:
TsukubaCody (09-05-2024)
Old 09-04-2024, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by noodels
Its Fuked up
5 kids arrested for murder in Uk of 80 year old male walking his dog 12-14 year old kids ffs 2 girls 3 boys ! Shocking.
Bet not fire arms,but knives = first degree....
If they don't have guns or knives they just knock older people to the ground and that can be enough to kill someone if done violent enough, we've seen a few killed like that in our region in past months
Old 09-04-2024, 05:04 PM

Received 510 Likes on 303 Posts

I agree about the parents being held responsible for being irresponsible gun owners and not keeping their guns locked up. How else would a fourteen year old have a gun?

I am willing to bet that this kid played violent video games and is somehow delusional that he can just press the reset button and start over? I also wonder what social media may have played a role in this?

Any thoughts?
Old 09-04-2024, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
I agree about the parents being held responsible for being irresponsible gun owners and not keeping their guns locked up. How else would a fourteen year old have a gun?

I am willing to bet that this kid played violent video games and is somehow delusional that he can just press the reset button and start over? I also wonder what social media may have played a role in this?

Any thoughts?
social media in general increases pressure on kids today. It isn't any specific platform but it now creates a bigger divide between who is cool and who isn't , who has wealth and who doesn't, gay or straight ? It all gets played out on social media, if you aren't part of the in crowd others can break you down emotionally, easier to spread rumours, lies and mean comments about others. Many of these perpetrators turn out to be people who were considered as outcasts in school, shunned by others or considered to be strange / loners etc. In the old days negative comments might spread by word of mouth to a handful of people, with social media it spreads to many more people and much faster. Kids are under tremendous pressure to be popular or accepted in school these days.
Old 09-05-2024, 03:33 AM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
social media in general increases pressure on kids today. It isn't any specific platform but it now creates a bigger divide between who is cool and who isn't , who has wealth and who doesn't, gay or straight ? It all gets played out on social media, if you aren't part of the in crowd others can break you down emotionally, easier to spread rumours, lies and mean comments about others. Many of these perpetrators turn out to be people who were considered as outcasts in school, shunned by others or considered to be strange / loners etc. In the old days negative comments might spread by word of mouth to a handful of people, with social media it spreads to many more people and much faster. Kids are under tremendous pressure to be popular or accepted in school these days.
I agree. If you are different than others you are targeted thanks to social media. We called it bullying in my time but it still hurts people who don’t “fit in”

Quick Reply: Another HS Shooting