Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

2024 Drive: Doug's Ole Mac - Saturday July 6th

Old 03-11-2024, 06:53 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
Default 2024 Drive: Doug's Ole Mac - Saturday July 6th

McKenzie Pass - Saturday July 6th 2024
Join Us for the third official drive of the 2024 season as we regroup to drive through some prime remote forest roads of the Central Cascades
Drive time: 7 hours including lunch/stops and 311 miles
Have you been? Do you need to go again?
Most S2000 drivers find they need a fix every so often. The chance to really carve some curves.
The McKenzie Pass is just the road to do it and celebrate the Return of Doug!

We will be starting in the Wilsonville area (exact start point TBD and shared when the drive plan is emailed).
Departure will be no later than 8:30am .

We will begin with a simple cruise down the freeway to Eugene as a "warm up", with a post-breakfast pitstop along the way.

During our excursion, we will be driving through the McKenzie River Valley which is still subject to recovery efforts after the Holiday Farm fire and current Lookout Fire containment efforts
Work crews continue to clear debris and the entire area is under modified speed zones which we will be following closely.

As we exit the fire zone, we will stop for lunch at Takoda's near Rainbow, OR.
After our meal, we get into the meat of the drive, backtracking slightly to climb the roads up to Cougar Reservoir before disappearing into the lush wilderness of this hidden treasure.

We'll be making the most of the endless curves and twists the entire way through 52 miles of remote forest access.

We will find ourselves just south of Eugene, exiting into the hamlet of Westfir. A short cut north will bring us up Hwy 58 to I-5where we will return home.

Once we reach Salem and I-5, the drive will officially end for everyone to make their own way home.

Don’t miss out on this one!

---> The Drive Plan PDF will be e-mailed to the participants on Thursday, July 4th

Weather Watch - Portland: Here

Weather Watch – Rainbow: Here
.......Who’s In? 10!
... Doug (Tual06s2k)
...Aaron (Sabre - CO)
....Ira (#172CR - CO)
... Huy (S2k_RN)
Dean (deanr)
Jeff (munster87)
...Jeremy (snowwakerider23)
...Bryce (Brycek)
...Dennis(Nativeinthepnw)
...John (martini)

……..
All participants must have proof of a valid driver’s license and current insurance coverage.
Thanks!

Ira and Aaron
......................S2Ki Oregon - The fun starts here! ... In the event of inclement weather we will either cancel or postpone the drive.

Note:This is the Oregon S2000 Owners Forum. As such, our drives are exclusively forS2000 and NSX's and their owners in Oregon and S.W. Washington

Our drives are not open to the general public, which includes those who used to own an S2000, hope to own one, those with similar cars, or those who think the drive we've put together sounds fun and would like to tag along, etc.

We are not trying to be snobby here, but are trying to clarify what we are about – The fun and adventure of Honda S2000 ownership.

Last edited by #172CR; Yesterday at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:40 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm in.
Dean
Old 03-13-2024, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by deanr
I'm in.
Dean
Yes you are!
Old 05-29-2024, 09:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it gonna be through bend down to Lapine and back up hwy 58?
Old 06-06-2024, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nativeinthepnw
Is it gonna be through bend down to Lapine and back up hwy 58?
We don't share our current plan routes publicly, they're emailed out the Thursday before the drive

In this case, that is not a route we normally take.
Old 06-07-2024, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Eugene and just picked up my 3rd S2000. Anyway I could join in the drive when you pass through Eugene?
Old 06-09-2024, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by munster87
I live in Eugene and just picked up my 3rd S2000. Anyway I could join in the drive when you pass through Eugene?
Of course!

Shoot me or @Sabre a PM with your name/email address and we'll get you added to the drive list! Looking forward to seeing ya in a few weeks!

Ira
Old 06-09-2024, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by #172CR
We don't share our current plan routes publicly, they're emailed out the Thursday before the drive

In this case, that is not a route we normally take.
Could you share the plans before Thursday? I really like to eat desserts and want to see if there's anything on the route that I would like. Plus, the plan is to leave at 8:30 am (super early) and so I think I'd really need a brownie or cookie to wake me up. Thanks!
Old 06-09-2024, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by DiamondAp1
Could you share the plans before Thursday? I really like to eat desserts and want to see if there's anything on the route that I would like. Plus, the plan is to leave at 8:30 am (super early) and so I think I'd really need a brownie or cookie to wake me up. Thanks!

Old 06-10-2024, 11:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Count me in on this drive. Cascade lake hwy and through Oakridge would be a fun drive home for the Eugene drivers.

Quick Reply: 2024 Drive: Doug's Ole Mac - Saturday July 6th