S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Ballade sports PNP harness for Hondata Kpro 00-05

Old 03-29-2021, 04:55 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ballade sports PNP harness for Hondata Kpro 00-05

Hey guys thought i would give some insight on the ballade sports PNP harness. First i would like to say this was exactly what i was looking for as far as not having to convert valve cover, sensors etc. i would also say (and will take pictures), when you receive the harness make sure to check to make sure plugs are plugged in the correct order with the ballade sports harness. It’s hard to tell since 2 of the plugs are the same connecting to the kpro and they are not labeled. (Blew fuse #46 and stopped getting power to my ECU). Once everything was resolved loaded a base map to my car and it started right up no issues. The other issue i had was how to mount the computer to where the stock ECU sat since ballade doesn’t make a bracket and having the computer sitting on the floor was annoying. From my knowledge Hondata makes a bracket that fits the PRB computer to where the stock computer sits but the issue is the ballade sports harness is long and ends up being a ball of wire sitting right next to your clutch pedal. (I will provide pictures since i made a 3D print and trial and error fitment). My solution was 3D printing a bracket the mounted the computer upside down so the bulk of the wiring from the harness and hang down and plug in more naturally. Needless to say I’m pretty happy now that i got it perfected to the point where bulk of wiring is gone and kick panel goes back on only with minimal displacement towards the dead pedal.

here is a picture of my first trial with the PRB computer sitting with computer plugs facing down. Too much bulk next to the clutch pedal and a wiring mess.

after making another bracket mounting the PRB computer plugs facing up it allows the ballade sports harness to use its length to run along side the computer and plug more naturally. I’m extremely happy with the end result and I’m extremely happy Ballade sports gave us an option to run a Hondata PRB Kpro computer without having to convert anything.

Last edited by Vsdanny; 03-29-2021 at 04:58 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Vsdanny:
Claus (04-06-2022), Ian300D (04-01-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 08:38 AM

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Now that's awesome. Looks like clearance is about the same as my E-Manage but tuning should be easier
Old 04-01-2021, 06:03 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Great job. Please post your design on thingiverse. I'd love to print this out when the time comes.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ian300D
Great job. Please post your design on thingiverse. I'd love to print this out when the time comes.
just hit me up when you want one.

IG Vsdanny
Old 04-01-2021, 10:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can vouch for the Ballade harness. I had the pleasure of tuning Danny's car. As Danny mentioned, Connector A and E on the K series ecu are interchangeable. Make sure these plugs go in the right place or you will blow a fuse. Besides that, everything else went smoothly. It was my first time using the Ballade harness. I would recommend it to whomever wants to go the Kpro route.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for posting this, I’ve been interested in running this setup.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:08 AM

First off, I want to thank you, VSdanny for being a great friend and allowing me the opportunity to test out your ecu bracket. Fit is PERFECT and finally allows me to mount my kpro in a safe, non obstructive factory location without using double sided tape. I have a modified stock harness so I mounted it in the traditional way and as you can see it works great! I highly recommend this mount. Now to clean up my mess lol

Old 11-04-2021, 01:58 PM

@Vsdanny can you pm me?...interested in the mount bracket
Old 11-05-2021, 12:28 PM

Hey guys. Selling these for $55 shipped priority mail and they include hardware
The following users liked this post:
S2Kye (02-08-2024)
Old 11-05-2021, 12:56 PM

Received 174 Likes on 132 Posts

I'm very unfamiliar with the Kpro. Can anyone confirm if it passes state inspections requiring OBDII connection?

Quick Reply: Ballade sports PNP harness for Hondata Kpro 00-05