Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

KillerCom Seller Feedback

Old 01-30-2012, 05:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KillerCom Seller Feedback

Wasn't sure if I should post my experience, but then I thought that the information could be useful for others. If no one else, hopefully Shane (KillerCom) will learn to ship items properly in the future.

This feedback review is for a purchase of an OEM AP1 front lip from KillerCom (Shane). Overall, the transaction was not a success, but we were able to come to an agreement. Shane originally advertised the lip as in excellent condition, but later indicated that the lip had an unnoticeable crack on the bottom after he took some pictures. Sure enough, the crack appeared minor so I decided to go for it. The seller assured me that the item will be insured and that we should have no issues with shipping.

About 10 days later, I received the lip, and it is literally almost in two pieces. Immediately, I noticed that the packaging was the shittiest of its kind. What we have here is a lip that already has a minor crack, but the seller decides to throw a sheet of bubble wrap over and just plastic wrap it. Of course, any torsion or force applied to the area of damage will exacerbate the damage. I contact Shane immediately, but in the classic case of "fast response before you buy", I found the seller to be indifferent about the situation, usually responding once a day (before buying, response would be immediate, up to 4x per day). Besides the crack, the condition of the lip was far from excellent with usual chips and deep scrapes characteristic of a heavily used lip. I'd like to note that the pictures he posted did not really show these flaws well, especially being that the pictures were taken with the lip on a marble countertop with distracting patterns of black and other dark colors.

Shane's original position was to deflect any blame from himself and suggested that I work this out with the mail carrier, USPS. He claims that insurance was purchased, but he has no documents to prove it. He also expressed that he had USPS package the lip so it is their fault and he shouldn't have to pay for it. Even after offering him a partial refund option ($130 back, which it would cost significantly more to completely fix) so that I can have the lip fixed, Shane appeared unmoved. I even offered to help him pay for shipping back for a full refund. For the most part, I found Shane unwilling to resolve the issue, wanting to buy time with his once-a-day replies, "I cannot believe THEY sent you the lip like that" and questioning me if I have a tracking number for the lip (which he obviously did not provide me).

In the end, it took opening a PayPal dispute case to have Shane get the ball rolling. We ended up agreeing with a $130 partial refund (original purchase price is $230 shipped). Of course, getting the lip fixed and resprayed will cost significantly more than $130, but it's probably the best that I can get out of this situation right now. I hate waiting for months to have a simple issue resolved. Since we finally resolved this issue, I started throwing away the plastic wrap that the lip was shipped in and noticed the postage indicating that he only paid to total of $25.xx for shipping the way he did, not the $70-80 he originally quoted me.

Overall, not a good experience for me, but glad that it's over with and resolved. Shane's NOT a bad guy (i.e. not a scammer), but he sure needs to quit taking shortcuts to save a penny here and there with shipping. I'm sure he would have liked to keep the full $230 instead of $100, and, of course, I would have been happier with a lip in better condition.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adding my experience to this thread...

Purchased AP1 headlights from Shane 'Killercom' from the same thread as the above post (AP1 lip).
Good communication, good packing & shipping.
Overall, a pleasant experience and I would buy from Shane again.

Sucks to hear 'sw20trd' had a difficult transaction, but hopefully (and it sounds like) it was just a fluke.

Best to all....
Old 02-04-2012, 10:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sw20TRD: Like I stated many times, when I dropped off the lip to USPS I did not have a box to package this in so where would I obtain professional grade plastic wrap? I asked the little old man to package the item since I didn't have a box handy of that size.. And at no point did I state that its up to YOU, I said WE need to take this up with USPS, because both parties need to be there to settle an issue.. The fact of me not responding every few hours was due to a number of things.. Ie: working three jobs.. So I'm sorry you felt that I took shortcuts when this wasn't entirely my fault.. Did I end up finally getting a tracking number? Yes, I did but like I said I didn't have the time to go back and fourth with you and USPS so I just settled the issue so there could be less of a hassle and keep you satisfied. I guess I was wrong in that part.. Since you don't sound satisfied at all even though I fulfilled your request for a refund.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:27 PM

Shane, I hope that you didn't take my "feedback" thread the wrong way. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I should have posted this thread or not. However, having been on many car forums (buying/selling) and seeing crowds get screwed because everyone was just too damn lazy to warn others, I thought that I should contribute to the S2ki community by sharing my experience. I did state that I feel that you are NOT a scammer (well, you could be very good, who knows - i.e. send bad lip and get insurance payoff), just that I had a bad experience with you taking shortcuts to save a penny on shipping.

Yes, I am blaming you for the inappropriate shipping as YOU were the one calling the shot on how to ship the lip. I did question your style, but you reassured me that everything will be okay. You could have purchased a box (no more than $15, I assume) or at the very least, build your own box out of cardboard (I've done this many times before when shipping oddly shaped items). Heck, you claimed that shipping costed you $70 which I adjusted for in the final purchase price, but postage found on the item only shows $25.xx. With that extra $50, you could have purchased a box large enough to fit the lip. Of course, you probably skimped on getting a box because that would increase shipping cost, which means less money in your pocket, correct? It's seriously annoying how you keep trying to deflect the blame to USPS or the "little old man".

Again, I understand that life gets busy, but one must question how your three jobs didn't get in the way before sending you the money. You were able to reply at least 3x per day, almost always within an hour of any PM that I sent you. After the problem, you replied once a day if I was lucky (???) and your replies were usually useless.

Lastly, you DID, in fact, try to distance yourself from this issue and suggested that I needed to handle the problem on my own with USPS. To help jog your memory, please re-read your reply to me (displayed below).

Originally Posted by KillerCom' timestamp='1327596759
I've dealt with these situations before and to be honest.. I understand that the damage is neither of our faults but as far as refunding your money, you'd have to take that up with usps.. I'm not trying to get out of this in any way but I won't take a hit on an issue that someone else caused (usps)..
Try explaining how I misinterpreted your message.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:43 PM

When I replied saying you'd I honestly meant we'd, you however can post whatever you'd like to try to "warn" people of my shipping styles but I've never had an issue til now.. You're telling me not to take this the wrong way when I did in fact do as you asked and refunded your money so this kind of further issue wouldn't happen, but I guess you're just one of those guys that just needs to go to the next level and let everyone know how much of an inconvience this was for you when even if it took a few days or so I still refunded the money you asked!! That refund was done with the intent to satisfy your needs otherwise you wouldn't have requested the refund of cash to repair the lip, correct? The reason why I shipped the way I did was because finding a box that size was around $35, and the shipping quote I got was from UPS for $70 without purchase of the box. But I however couldn't print a label since my printer is garbage. So next best thing? Lets check out USPS down the road, and look it's only $25. So more money in my pocket at the end of the day and you get your lip and everyones happy. Unfortunately thats not how the cards were played this round. We all learn from our mistakes, and this was a first for me where "customer service" was followed through correctly but however still didn't seem to satisfy. I'm sorry for your inconvenience again.

Thanks,

Shane
Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 AM

Trust me, I'm not "just one of those guys that just needs to go to the next level", whatever that means.

Look, I first asked for a full refund, but you refused (read your PM that you sent me, I posted it above). Please, just stop it with your "I meant this and that". You were hard to get a hold of, and that was the response I got from you. It's not that difficult to put 2 and 2 together and gauge what kind of person you are.

Secondly, after threatening you with the PayPal dispute, you agreed to a partial refund. To help jog your memory, you counter offered $100 partial refund, telling me that you don't have time to deal with my shit and because you're a nice guy, you'll give me $100 back. You also said, "I work at a shop, I know that it will cost less than $100 to get the lip repaired AND painted." To which my reply was, that's bullshit - professional shops have quoted me $200-300 to paint a lip which is why I decided against getting an eBay lip. I then asked you to give me a full refund then. This is when you finally agreed to the $130 refund.

Lastly, when you agreed to the $130 partial refund, I demanded that you tell me when exactly I should expect the funds in my PayPal account. You said later that day, by 5 or 6 PM. I waited 'til 8PM, no refund was found so I proceeded to escalate the claim on PayPal. I emailed both your email accounts and left a PM on S2ki telling you that I'm tired of your games. You finally reply telling me how you forgot, blah blah blah blah blah.

Even with this whole shitty transaction, you still believe that you're the victim. Goodness, get a hold of yourself, Shane. So...I've concluded that you are just an irresponsible kid, trying to make an extra buck on someone's tab. Am I wrong? Well, I'll let the jury read this thread make the judgement. I've done my job sharing my experience, and you've done a great job showing your true colors.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:47 PM

My true colors? lol great observation your absolutely right? I am a complete douchebag of a seller and your the only one that seems to think that way.. Thats fine I don't have to do business with you and you don't have to do business with me, simple.. Have a nice day and enjoy your experience on s2ki and your future purchases.. When things go the wrong way thats not in my favor obviously I'm going to not make it my fault because the lip being damaged wasn't caused by me.. Should I have shipped this better? Yes. But I guess that will just show me that in the future I won't ship large items that may have a possibility of becoming further damaged.. I don't know how many times I can apoligize but again.. I am sorry for your bad experience..
Old 02-10-2012, 03:56 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,875 Likes on 2,085 Posts

I'm closing this as there's no reason for this to continue.