Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

Hardtopguy not shipping, not responding

Old 11-04-2021, 03:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hardtopguy not shipping, not responding

I purchased a couple items from Hardtopguy on Sep20 and my card was charged same day.
After about 2 weeks and seeing my order still showing processing, I tried to figure out a way to contact.
There is no contact link on the website, but I was able to find a way by adding contact to the web address then following the error link. I sent a message using that form and then another message a week later.
I then emailed using the support@hardtopguy address also showing on that page on Oct. 22nd then sent another email to that address yesterday. I so far have not received any reply.
I'm getting ready to do a chargeback. Any reason I should wait any longer?
Old 11-05-2021, 03:43 AM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Originally Posted by hukares
I purchased a couple items from Hardtopguy on Sep20 and my card was charged same day.
After about 2 weeks and seeing my order still showing processing, I tried to figure out a way to contact.
There is no contact link on the website, but I was able to find a way by adding contact to the web address then following the error link. I sent a message using that form and then another message a week later.
I then emailed using the support@hardtopguy address also showing on that page on Oct. 22nd then sent another email to that address yesterday. I so far have not received any reply.
I'm getting ready to do a chargeback. Any reason I should wait any longer?
I am surprised this is still happening with him, I had the exact same experience several years ago. Basically he is terrible at communication once the sale occurs, for some reason he doesn't understand how to communicate with his customers. He doesn't rip people off, but he is just slow in telling them how long their order will take, or he just won't tell you period. I ended up getting a refund from my credit card, and still never heard a peep from him. He can process payments but can't respond to customers it seems. Some people had really good luck with him, but others end up like you and I.

Old 11-05-2021, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure where you were trying to get ahold of me.
Your cupholder just released off of back order and arrived late yesterday.
Your order was shipped today. 9405511699000802293436
Old 11-05-2021, 07:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw your email. Thanks hardtopguy.

I went to this page for contact information:
Contact us (hardtopguy.com)
Used that form then the email later.
Old 11-12-2021, 03:09 AM

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

He likewise didn't respond to email from me earlier this year when I ordered AP1 front lip hardware, after a month of no status update I wanted to cancel since I ended up getting the 20th Anniversary bumper but he never responded and a couple days after I emailed he shipped the hardware to me anyway. Been trying to get rid of it ever since.

Seems like he does his best to follow through with orders but doesn't seem to watch that email account at all, and if I'm honest he charges a small upcharge for the parts vs buying them directly from Honda through one of those dealerships that sell online at a discount.
Old 11-12-2021, 05:54 AM

Received 1,473 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Small (one person mostly) businesses pop up around a popular type of car. Then sales decline as more people that are into the car buy what they want and the cars are not made any longer, so the person has to focus on a regular job to get by, and then they run out of time to deal with it and they fall off the face of the earth. All of the small shops focused on s2000's will do this unless they also keep up with other types of cars like Karcepts does so it is a full time profession for them. Not sure if this is the case here but I do get why this happens.

I used to do custom dash modifications (custom lighting) for some cars as a side job. That got really busy for a while, then it competed with my personal time and I did not need the extra money really, so I stopped doing it. So in that case it was just a time issue for me, but still a "have a full time career and this will never be that so have to choose" kinda thing. So I finally just had to tell people I was stopping and had no time for it.
The following users liked this post:
Bullwings (11-12-2021)
Old 11-27-2021, 10:14 PM

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Even Brian (Karcepts) is scaling down a bit since the margins were tight and it was more of a hassle with certain items like the PLM header, catbacks, and the Greddy EMUs but he'll walk you through getting them to him and responds quick.

Never had an issue with Hardtop Guy but also rarely buy anything from him because like you have seen some dealer stuff is cheaper with shipping through Majestic or HondaPartsNow.