Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

Forbidden-USA.... I will never deal with them again

Old 03-05-2014 | 09:57 AM

I also had terrible experience at forbidden before. So much promise before I came to their shop, but I end up selling it after a month since that hardtop quality is just a joke.

Also, their service attitude is terrible. While they were removing my convertible top and installing the hardtop, I kept telling them that they need to put cover on my brand new red carpet to keep them clean as it is. But I was ignored a number of times. Especially, the person wears glasses who driving the TL put his dirty shit shoes on my carpet and dance on them. What an @sshole.

Old 03-05-2014 | 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by s2000vtecvtec
I also had terrible experience at forbidden before. So much promise before I came to their shop, but I end up selling it after a month since that hardtop quality is just a joke.

Also, their service attitude is terrible. While they were removing my convertible top and installing the hardtop, I kept telling them that they need to put cover on my brand new red carpet to keep them clean as it is. But I was ignored a number of times. Especially, the person wears glasses who driving the TL put his dirty shit shoes on my carpet and dance on them. What an @sshole.

Wouldn't they have to pay for damaging your properties?!
Old 03-06-2014 | 02:18 PM

I refuse to buy from them I bought a rep oem hardtop from them 2 weeks after I got it the back window started to come off the hardtop they stated to have a shop fix it and then refused to pay when I told them the price they make promises they cant keep

you spend 2k plus dollars on a hardtop you think it would last more than 2 weeks before a issue would come up I sold it shortly after for a major hit just to stop dealing with the headahces
Old 03-07-2014 | 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by DutchyFutch
Originally Posted by s2000vtecvtec' timestamp='1394045873' post='23047720

Wouldn't they have to pay for damaging your properties?!
I spent 4 hours to clean everything after I get back.

seriously, if oem hardtop isn't discontinued, these people aren't even here. when oem hardtop was available, the price was usually between 2200 and 2500. now, we have to pay the same amount of money but get junk.
Old 03-07-2014 | 11:51 PM

Got the parts: November 2013
Wrote this review in my build thread: November 2013

Customer Service - 11++/10. Both people I've dealt with there have gone out of their way to help me. Both with pricing, and a small error with a Broadway mirror I ordered was fixed promptly, no questions asked. Another employee also gave me his personal cellphone number and helped me out with the installation of the diffuser on the weekend when they were closed.

Hardtop Quality - 8.5/10. Visually (in my opinion) it couldn't really be any better. Exterior is smooth and glossy with no irregularities in the weave that stand out like a sore thumb. Same goes for the inside.
I got it with the tinted window pre-installed. No leaks there etc.
The 8.5 is for a few small reasons.
1. A small defect behind the passenger window which has made a pretty large gap that will have to be filled with a seal to avoid leaks. You might not even notice it from the exterior unless it was pointed out, but it's noticeable from the interior because you can see daylight and stick your finger through.
2. In my opinion, the mounting areas should be reinforced more.
3. The door seals are good, but i think I will take the top off and use something else to seal the base. I've had to press down quite hard to get all the gaps out and that has lead to it being a bit noisy. Not sure if a thicker seal material will help this or not (I still have to talk to them and get some adjusting advice). I wish I was closer to them so they could adjust it for me, as they have done boat loads of installs.

Diffuser Quality - 9.5+/10. Visually the piece was perfect and came with everything needed to install. Only reason for the 9.5+ here isn't anything to do with the part quality, it's just the inherent fitment "issues" that come with the J's Diffuser. I've never seen one look how I would want it to look, not even the authentic ones.

Would I buy from them again? - Absolutely! I plan on buying the side diffusers when I order my mirrors.

Updates: March 2014
Few notes on the items after having them installed for a bit.
- No fault of theirs but my front-most aluminum diffuser brackets broke from hitting speed bumps etc from me being to low. I made my own steel reinforced version.
- For people looking to buy the diffuser, it is light weight and "thin". It's a beauty piece. It's not made of multiple layers of fibres meant to take a shit kicking.
- I'm still pretty satisfied with my hard top. It's got squeaks etc that I've still been to lazy to do anything about but otherwise nothing has changed. Interior still looks great, exterior needs a wash and polish (I daily drive my car).
- One thing I will say again is that I wish the mounting points were reinforced better (I might even do it myself at some point).
- Also, (while it doesn't really bother me a whole lot since I may paint or get mine wrapped in black later on) the edges were a bit rough.

All-in-all the guys have been good to me.
Honest truth? I think they could use a bit more experience in the carbon parts making, but I'd still buy from them again as I feel like they would take care of me if something was REALLY wrong.
Old 03-08-2014 | 06:06 PM

yup, they dont give a shit about anything... capitalism creates great things, but not when forbidden gets a hold of them
Old 03-09-2014 | 12:26 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by datbino
yup, they dont give a shit about anything... capitalism creates great things, but not when forbidden gets a hold of them
This is non-sense. Forbidden has done right by me AFTER they already had my money.
Old 03-10-2014 | 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by rosario717
Originally Posted by Mark355' timestamp='1394396763' post='23054135
[quote name='datbino' timestamp='1394334389' post='23053433']
This is non-sense. Forbidden has done right by me AFTER they already had my money.

I agree with Mark355^^^ My only problem with my hardtop from forbidden was that I didn't know shit about how to install it which is why I get the occasional creak over bumps..Im not handy at all and shouldn't have taken this challenge on my own without the help of another experienced installer. I literally screwed up my seals 2 times and both times forbidden sent me all new seals free of charge even 6months after installation with no questions asked. I'd say that's pretty damn good service but no one is perfect. I work in sales myself and I have a 98percent satisfaction rating which proves that there will be atleast that 2 or 3 percent of people that wont be happy with my services.. Its part of retail and working with the public
[/quote]
^^Agreed. Forbidden ftw
Old 03-11-2014 | 09:53 PM

Yeah, obviously every situation is different, but I really don't see how they could possibly treat people so differently.
I'm willing to bet it's the consumers approach to the retailer that changes the tone of the "help" or "service".
That may not be the correct way customers expect things to be handled in a "The customer is always right" mentality, but being in the service industry myself I know I prefer to be talked to politely, even about a problem, not have a customer immediately throw arms up in a tantrum.

In my opinion this goes for everywhere... If you have a problem, be nice first. Politely explain the problem and see what their response is. If the business is rude or unwilling to help THEN you can get upset and let them know how you expect the situation to be handled. Give them the chance to do right before ranting and raving and demanding. Chance are, they will be more willing to help you then having to "deal with that asshole customer".
Personal experience... I've always done it this way and I've always got what I needed to make me happy in the situation... Without having a temper tantrum.

As for Forbidden-USA.
Bee has messaged me back with answers to questions pre-purchase and post-purchase. Even when I had a problem, he didn't avoid me. He fixed it ASAP.
Responses from him have been the day of or they day after I've emailed them (except weekends which I agree with, I like my weekends off too), and Bay has answered me and had full conversations with me via text (reminder, I'm in Canada and they are State side) weekdays, after hours, and weekends.
I'd say their customer service has been pretty damn good.

Another thing I feel like I should mention is that I went in to this purchase of these 3 items knowing a few things (and something people should consider).
1. The are reselling me a Broadway mirror, there will be no problem with this portion of the purchase. Wrong. I received the wrong one. They replaced it with the right one and it didn't cost me a thing.
2. My car is pretty low. The diffuser is going to be hanging under my car and WILL get ruined. If it shows up in 1 piece, with all the mounting hardware, and the visible section isn't f*cked up... It's good.
3. The hardtop is a replica. If I want perfection, I should pay for it and buy the real deal. So, if it comes with everything needed to mount it, it has no crazy leaks etc, and the visible section isn't f*cked up (shitty weave, scratches, cracks, etc.)... It's good.

Once again, my honest opinion...
Could certain things be better? Sure, you can always improve.
Would I have got an OEM top instead if they could be had for $2000? Yes.
Was it good enough for me to feel good about saving the $1000 to get a used OEM or even more $ for a real Mugen top? Absolutely.
All-in-all I like my parts, I like how I've been treated, and I'd buy from them again.

(Sorry for the long rant)
Old 03-16-2014 | 09:50 PM

Alberto fixed my top for free even though I bought my hard top 3 years ago and the damage was probably caused by me

Quick Reply: Forbidden-USA.... I will never deal with them again