San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

wuttup from the bay!

Old 02-08-2008, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wuttup from the bay!

whats goin on s2ki san diego? im planning on taking my lady to san diego for a weekend in march. Where do you folks suggest i stay? money is not an issue
Old 02-08-2008, 08:29 PM

downtown la jolla
coronado island
delmar
cardiff by the sea
carlsbad
pacific beach for all the youngins

what do you plan to do down here? san diego is averagely boring unless you just want to go sight seeing. you can also hit up TJ which is only a few minutes away.

if youre going to be in so cal, visit LA for everything the clubs, raves and parties, urban culture, shopping (check out so cal's urban styles) san diego clubs are kinda weak. if you dont club you can try air ballon rides, one of the greatest sight seeing exhibitions ive been on. or you can go to the tide pools in point loma....
Old 02-08-2008, 11:40 PM

cool thanks for the info. downtown la jolla is where people are telling me to go...

honestly, ive never been to san diego. i was just trying to plan a trip for me and the lady in march. so we were going to stay in sd for the weekend then go to disneyland for about a week.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:39 AM

haha, my girl use to work a dland, couldu of hooked you up. if you told me earlier. oh well, have fun! wear alot of sunblock
Old 02-10-2008, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Millenion LTD,Feb 8 2008, 09:29 PM
san diego is averagely boring

Try leaving your house sometime if you think SD is average and boring... strange statement

To the OP- depends where you want to be and what you want to do. Downtown SD has tons of new hot hotels - Ivy, Keating, Hotel Solamar, Omni

La Jolla is always a very nice place to stay, Torrey Pines Hilton is a good one
Old 02-11-2008, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Millenion LTD,Feb 8 2008, 09:29 PM
san diego is averagely boring unless you just want to go sight seeing. you can also hit up TJ which is only a few minutes away.
+1 on the

#1- SD is boring if YOU make it boring. There's lots to see, just depends on what you want to see.

#2- TJ is NOT the place to go. Only good half way decent reason would be to eat, but you can get some places on this side of the border and avoid the 2-3 hour border wait coming back.

I also disagree on the "weak clubs" comment. Whatever you like, I'm sure the Gaslamp has it.

Give us some ideas on what you like and the suggestions will pour in I'm sure.

oh yeah... I more thing...

YAY AREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!
Old 02-11-2008, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by SD_S2K,Feb 10 2008, 05:24 PM

Try leaving your house sometime if you think SD is average and boring... strange statement

To the OP- depends where you want to be and what you want to do. Downtown SD has tons of new hot hotels - Ivy, Keating, Hotel Solamar, Omni

La Jolla is always a very nice place to stay, Torrey Pines Hilton is a good one
hahaha, how about you leave the house? if you actually went somewhere outside of SD, you would know SD is not the place to be. Its more of a retirement city after youve done everything there is to do.

sorry, I just compared SD to LA and other so cal places, downtown SD isnt even a downtown...