San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Traffic School Recommendations?

Old 01-11-2008, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traffic School Recommendations?

ok, so i have had some bad lucks lately with traffic. i got photoed by the camera for running a red light while i was trying following people. and the gosh darn ticket was $429.00. (btw, i have no respect for those who are leading in a pact on city roads, knowing the follower have no idea where he is heading, sees a yellow light coming up and decide to run it and trying to leave the guy behind stuck & clueless. no respect, no respect )

anyways.

then yesterday i was heading west bound on 52, and a cop near 163 on ramp was hiding behind the barricade walls in the middle, laser beam me for going 77 mph. ticket is yet to come. (really my fault for speeding, but be careful guys, i think the cops are out of donuts at the station, and drank too much leaded juice, so now they have itchy trigger fingers)

oh well, so since this is the first time i have to attend traffic school in SD, anyone recommands a decent traffic school? i have attended some comedy schools back in florida, and they seem to be great, so i may prefer those instead.

or should i just do that thing online?

so what do y'all recommand?
Old 01-11-2008, 11:12 AM

I recently completed my drivers improvement course online with AmPm Traffic School. I'd recommend an online course, for no other reason than it's quick and easy to cheat.

AmPm doesn't have the greatest site, but it was relatively easy to tear through all the course pages and the tests with gratuitous use of tabs and extra windows to keep the answers available while doing the test parts. Google helped too. I was completely done with the course in about a half-hour.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:04 PM

thanks peteyfoot.

btw, does anyone know if the driving school will wipe out the points for both of my tickets?
Old 01-11-2008, 01:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by D-S2K,Jan 11 2008, 02:04 PM
thanks peteyfoot.

btw, does anyone know if the driving school will wipe out the points for both of my tickets?
only the first one
Old 01-11-2008, 01:32 PM

I work in Clairemont Mesa. There are cops there every day, where you got popped on the 52. Luckily, I turn off at the 15 exit and take Kearny Villa before hitting the 163. On average, I see 2-3 pull overs in the morning per week.

About traffic school, if you DIDN'T get a ticket for the second infraction (speeding) then I don't know if you'll be eligible. The problem with red light cameras is they're usually not contestable, so you pay the full blow every time. Unless you can prove it wasn't you that was driving.

I'm also confused, because you said you were waiting for the second ticket. Did the cop hand you a citation when he pulled you over (did he pull you over)? If he gave you a citation, keep in mind they can take up to two weeks to get the notification in the mail. If it's only last week, then don't be sure. If he didn't hand you citation, then you didn't get anything, just a warning. He can't give you a ticket without a citation paper, and without your signature.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stinkin ricers!!!! hahaha, hey you owe some money for this shirt!!! call me.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by 619Nick06,Jan 11 2008, 02:32 PM
I'm also confused, because you said you were waiting for the second ticket. Did the cop hand you a citation when he pulled you over (did he pull you over)? If he gave you a citation, keep in mind they can take up to two weeks to get the notification in the mail. If it's only last week, then don't be sure.
ok i dont understand why this is the way it is here. back in florida, they hand out a ticket, i can go pay the damn thing the next day. here, they hand me a ticket, and the cop says he has no idea how much it is, and i have to wait for a notification in the mail.

so if i go to traffic school, it only wipes the red light ticket but not the speeding? is there some special discretions about the traffic school? or is it because i got the first one back in middle of december and the 2nd one yesterday?
Old 01-11-2008, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by D-S2K,Jan 11 2008, 07:01 PM
ok i dont understand why this is the way it is here. back in florida, they hand out a ticket, i can go pay the damn thing the next day. here, they hand me a ticket, and the cop says he has no idea how much it is, and i have to wait for a notification in the mail.

so if i go to traffic school, it only wipes the red light ticket but not the speeding? is there some special discretions about the traffic school? or is it because i got the first one back in middle of december and the 2nd one yesterday?
Sorry to hear bout the streak of bad luck.

Yes, in California when a cop pulls you over they will hand you a citation regarding what you were doing. Then a couple of weeks later you will get your ticket in the mail saying how much it's going to be.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:37 PM

for 2 pts i think you have to get a judge to get you to level 2 traffic school. a buddy of mines took level 2, which is 16hrs to remove a 2pt ticket
Old 01-12-2008, 07:40 PM

he has 2 points for two 1 pt tickets, so he can only have 1 point removed

in CA you get 1 free get out of jail card to remove your first point, good for a three year period

once you use that free 1 pt removal, you don't get it again till 3 years after that 1 pt was erased

all points after that start to rip you a new one on your insurance, and your wallet

you can try many of the online resources to try and fight both tickets, such as the ticket assassin and other wannabe sites like his

sorry to hear of your tickets, but I have no sympathy for people that run red lights, I know people that have been injured or killed by this. As for speeding - get a valentine one and watch where you speed. The 5, 15, and 52 are the most trafficked freeways by cops and highway patrol, it has been documented.

And with the online traffic school, when you get your official ticket in the mail, there will be a page that tells you which schools are acceptable, make sure you use one from that list

I have used this one before and it was on that list
https://www.cheapeasyonlinetrafficschool.com/

Quick Reply: Traffic School Recommendations?