San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

shooting range for public in san diego?

Old 01-22-2011, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shooting range for public in san diego?

anyone know a shooting range for public to go to in san diego? I used to go the miramar one but im not sure if it open anymore.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:28 AM
Banned

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?ss=s...false&FORM=LARE
Old 01-22-2011, 08:14 AM

theres one in clairemont but you need someone exp
Old 01-22-2011, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vietdragontekx,Jan 22 2011, 01:31 AM
anyone know a shooting range for public to go to in san diego? I used to go the miramar one but im not sure if it open anymore.
There is American Shooting Center in Clairemont Mesa. You dont need anyone to go and shoot. All you need to do is sign a waiver and UNDERSTAND that off the line ALL weapons are unloaded and on safe. U load at the firing line. There is Discount Gun Mart On Morena BLVD, but they wont let you shoot shotguns and rifles I believe and it's the same process. Then there is P2K on 2082 Willow Glen Drive El Cajon. But you need to take a one-time range safety test and then you can shoot. It's 15 dollars an hour I believe, and they let you fire whatever. LOL.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:57 PM

Well this is something that I would like too but I never knew that where i could go in San Diego.

So its like 15-20 bucks an hour and they give me the weapons and ammo or what. can someone help please? im a noob as you can possibly tell
Old 01-25-2011, 08:59 PM

Oceanside, there is one.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by 02_s2k,Jan 22 2011, 12:59 PM
There is American Shooting Center in Clairemont Mesa. You dont need anyone to go and shoot. All you need to do is sign a waiver and UNDERSTAND that off the line ALL weapons are unloaded and on safe. U load at the firing line. There is Discount Gun Mart On Morena BLVD, but they wont let you shoot shotguns and rifles I believe and it's the same process. Then there is P2K on 2082 Willow Glen Drive El Cajon. But you need to take a one-time range safety test and then you can shoot. It's 15 dollars an hour I believe, and they let you fire whatever. LOL.
yeh, im thinking of going to that one
Old 03-01-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by 02_s2k
There is American Shooting Center in Clairemont Mesa. You dont need anyone to go and shoot. All you need to do is sign a waiver and UNDERSTAND that off the line ALL weapons are unloaded and on safe. U load at the firing line.
That depends on whether you own your own weapon or not. If you don't (renting one) then you will need a) to have someone with you or b)be an annual member.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SDSILVERM3
That depends on whether you own your own weapon or not. If you don't (renting one) then you will need a) to have someone with you or b)be an annual member.
Did there rules change recently? Cause when I went there 6 months ago Luis Castillo from the chargers
was shooting and he didnt have an annual membership there. As far as membership, I remember 3 yrs ago there was one,
but not anymore. When was the last time you shot there? I go every 3-4 months.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by 02_s2k
Did there rules change recently? Cause when I went there 6 months ago Luis Castillo from the chargers
was shooting and he didnt have an annual membership there. As far as membership, I remember 3 yrs ago there was one,
but not anymore. When was the last time you shot there? I go every 3-4 months.
I go there at least once a month and the rules have not changed.

You probably need to re-read my post. You don't need a membership to shoot your own guns though you do get front of the line privileges if you do have one.

Anyway, what I was saying in my last post was that if you don't own your own firearm and need to rent one, you need to go with someone OR have an annual membership otherwise they will not let you rent a firearm.

Quick Reply: shooting range for public in san diego?