San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

San Diego visit, May 6 - 10

Old 03-07-2011, 05:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts
Default San Diego visit, May 6 - 10

My wife and I will be visiting your general area. we will have transportation and we are looking for events and any "must-see" locations and eateries.

I couldn't find any motorsports events for those dates but maybe someone knows of something ...... anyhting that might interest us.

Here is my short list of eateries: (you gotta eat, right?)

broken yolk cafe
Phil's BBQ
Lucha Libre Gourmet Taco Shop
Hamel's Surf Shop
Mission Beach
http://www.bakedhot.com/
Old 03-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bronx Pizza...

Ocean Beach / The Black / Sunset Cliffs / Point Loma Seafood / Hodads (burgers) / Farmers Market in the middle of Newport St (Wednesday)...

could you maybe bring me some double or quadrople zoute drop... and maybe some zwart/whit(spl)... and some Hema worst... lol...

more later...
Old 03-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by PeterBinSDs2k
Bronx Pizza...

Ocean Beach / The Black / Sunset Cliffs / Point Loma Seafood / Hodads (burgers) / Farmers Market in the middle of Newport St (Wednesday)...

could you maybe bring me some double or quadrople zoute drop... and maybe some zwart/whit(spl)... and some Hema worst... lol...

more later...
Sorry, I'm NOT from the Nederlands but I did vacation there.

Bronx Pizza, I'm from Pennsylvania, it's just a short drive to the real Bronx.

The Black, HODAD's, now you're talking..... do you know me?
Thanks and keep the recommendations coming.

Now TastyKakes, those I could deliver.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Banned

nope, don't know you...

Old 03-07-2011, 05:35 PM

There is so much to do and eat and very hard to narrow things down. It all depends on what you and your wife are into. Party, beach, relaxing, site seeing. SD got it all.

Good list of eateries though.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phil' BBQ, just about any restaurant downtown in the Gaslamp, Little Italy or Seaport. Blacks Beach, Cheetah's has a great lunch menu.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by JDMQuip
Phil' BBQ, just about any restaurant downtown in the Gaslamp, Little Italy or Seaport. Blacks Beach, Cheetah's has a great lunch menu.
Ah, Cheetahs is out, although I would like to get my wife to a strip club, but Blacks Beach is a strong possibility. We'e been to clothing optional beaches in the past.

Thanks!!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Community Organizer

Just got back less than 24 hours ago.

Coronado Island, wow, beautiful island, beautiful homes. Mission Beach had that nice beach town vibe and I got a complete education on vaporizers. La Jolla, did that, saw the seals, ate at Whisknladle, good stuff. Had a cupcake at Cups and was underwhelmed but the chocolate milkshake made up for it. Ocean Beach, kinda gritty but had a great vibe to it and Hodads!!, best burger EVER. Got to witness two young girls get caught shoplifting at South Shore Beach Shop, workers didn't call the cops but did call their Mothers. Visited the Surf Museum at Oceanside, kool place if you've never been there, lots of history there on both surfing and skateboarding.

Drove to the Mexican border, wife was scared and wouldn't bring our passports , from there drove up through Imperial Beach, small town but the waves by the pier look killer.

Ate at Nobu, never again, blah. Broken Yolk Cafe was decent, it's breakfast. Cafe 222 had a killer breakfast though, cute servers to boot. Phils BBQ, blah, Salt Lick in Texas was WAY BETTER. Lucha Libre, OMG, where else can you get a burrito like that for under $5, nowhere.

Meal of the trip goes to searsucker in the Gaslamp District. Absolutely fantastic. On the bottom of their menu read, "May Grays go away, come again another day" I couldn't agree more. Again, if you like good food and are a foodie not afraid to try new stuff, searsucker is for you. Hint: Duck Fat Fries!!!!!

Great trip, will return someday, the classic cars, the beaches, the architecture.............I'm jealous.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:57 PM

phils BBQ is weak compared to BBQ house across the street from hodads in ob. hodads is amazing, Bronx pizza is good. I'm not a fan of Lucha libre, and broken yolk is a franchised place.

stone brewery, Escondido. beaches. hodads. BBQ house. are my votes of best in sd.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Then lets check out the BBQ house across the street from Hodads? Never been to Hodad's either. I feel like I'm missing out now.

Quick Reply: San Diego visit, May 6 - 10