San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Road Raging minivan on the 94 last night

Old 08-27-2006, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Raging minivan on the 94 last night

Posted this in the "vette brake check thread" but I thought it deserved its own local thread.

Man, I had a frikkin MINIVAN pull that crap on me last night on the 94 East out of downtown San Diego, had my pregnant wife and my 2 year old in the R32 with me.

We're in the #2 lane, and the #1 lane is open. We're moving faster than the #3 lane, cruising at 80mph. A mid 80's Plymouth minivan comes barrelling up on us, right up on my tail, then hits his brights and honks. I thought, "man what a prick... just use the *passing lane* and pass us" but I didn't change speed or do anything.

So (again the #1 lane is empty) he decides to swerve two lanes to the right, gets in the #4 lane, and nearly hits two cars in the process. Tailgates a car over there, til he passes the car in the #3 lane and moves over to that lane. By this time (remember, we're moving faster than the #3 lane) we're ahead a few car lengths, and the minivan goes past us, swerves in front of us, and BRAKE CHECKS us.

I started laughing, I mean my car does 60-0 in 109 feet. A brake check from a minivan is nothing I have to worry about, other than the possibility of this fool flipping his own minivan over sideways as he swerves while braking.

However, I also realized this guy is a complete idiot and possibly driving drunk, and who knows what he's going to do? Got my family in the car, not risking them. So I backed way off, told my wife to get on the phone and call CHP, and report him.

Meanwhile, us backing off isn't good enough for whatever his problem is. He moves over to the breakdown lane on the right side, brakes shooting sparks as he slows down (must not have had any pads left), waits for us to pass him, and then comes up on our tail again. Flashing brights, honking, swerving. Comes up along side us, shaking his fist at us.

My wife's on the phone with CHP now and tells them what's happening. She tells them (lol) that we're in a high performance car and that we are now going to evade this menace so he doesn't hit us. So I punched it down the 125 North and put a mile or so on him, got off at Fletcher Parkway, did a u-turn and popped back on 125 South. As I actually get on 125 South at the bottom of the onramp I saw him heading the other direction, now doing the same routine to some guy in a pickup truck.

What a freak.

Oh yeah, and as I drove back along the 125 south at a normal rate of speed, some a$$hat in a ghetto fabulous integra jumps over two lanes (from the #3 to the #1) to get behind me and flash his brights at me. At this point, I just looked over at my wife and said, "do I have a sign on the car tonight that says 'come screw with me- open invitation'?" She was a bit freaked out at this point, and said "Honey, speed. drive as fast as you need to, just get me the hell home as fast as you can, get us away from these idiots." I didn't wait to see what the Integridiot wanted, just punched it and left the area rapidly.

No word from CHP yet on if they caught the minivan marauder.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

happens to me all the time. this one denali followed me home once, that was pretty scary.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:38 PM

It must be you you post about this kind of thing all the time
You drive the 94 so you should know its normal in the kind of car you drive. I never was messed with in the Saleen. First time I took Ken's car home I was messed with by a guy in a civic
Old 08-27-2006, 07:47 PM

Used to happen to me all the time in the Corrado, but that thing screams "boy racer" with all the carbon fiber all over it. I expect to get attention of strange types when I drive it.

The R32... most people think it's just a pretty Golf and ignore me. I'm fine with that.

I'm gonna have to take *our* minivan out in the evenings with the P90 and hunt down these other road ragers. Not really. Maybe I'll just take the minivan to Qualcomm and embarass some Neons and feel better about minivans.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:11 AM

dangg road rage lol
Old 08-28-2006, 01:44 AM
Banned

that's why everyone should carry at least one firearm...*G*
Old 08-28-2006, 11:04 AM

i wonder why this stuff never happens to me? at least you guys are ok.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by PeterBinSDs2k,Aug 28 2006, 01:44 AM
that's why everyone should carry at least one firearm...*G*
At least one, hm? How about two?

My fun little toys \/

I don't carry them though, a CCW in SD County is rather hard to get and I haven't been bored enough to go get one from another county or state (which legally must be honored here, just like a marriage license does).

I think if I did carry, I'd be far too tempted to actually use them in such a situation, and that's just no muy bueno any way it goes.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=g60racer,Aug 27 2006, 04:40 PM] had my pregnant wife and my 2 year old in the R32 with me.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by IwantanS,Sep 6 2006, 01:20 AM
You my friend are a Freaking IDIOT! Leave the family at home if you want to pull this kind of crap!
you must not read good what did he do rong ?? And do you think he was looking for this with his wife and kid in the car

Quick Reply: Road Raging minivan on the 94 last night