San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Planning on visiting next week...

Old 07-25-2008, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planning on visiting next week...

Hey, guys, I'm going to take a few days vacation in SD next week, just from LA. But I'll be spending wed-sat there with my gf and was wondering if anyone could suggest places I should go to eat, drink, hang out, shop, beach, etc... We plan to do sea world on friday, and of course some beach bumming, but what beach would you suggest is really nice and not too crowded? Also any suggestions for places to hang out at night, bars, clubs..? I'll be staying in the hotel circle area. Thanks for any help!

~Lawrence
Old 07-25-2008, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Convict,Jul 25 2008, 11:47 AM
Hey, guys, I'm going to take a few days vacation in SD next week, just from LA. But I'll be spending wed-sat there with my gf and was wondering if anyone could suggest places I should go to eat, drink, hang out, shop, beach, etc... We plan to do sea world on friday, and of course some beach bumming, but what beach would you suggest is really nice and not too crowded? Also any suggestions for places to hang out at night, bars, clubs..? I'll be staying in the hotel circle area. Thanks for any help!

~Lawrence
Regarding beaches, in the Hotel Circle area, if you take the 8 West all the way to the coast, and north a little bit, you'll end up in the Mission Beach area. It's not the greatest beach in the area, but it sure is a nice place to walk around. The boardwalk is pretty interesting, and if you drive north a little you end up in Pacific Beach, which has a pretty good nightlife.

My favorite beach to go to is La Jolla Shores, but it's generally pretty crowded, but with good reason. If you go during the week you shouldn't have to much trouble finding a somewhat close parking spot. It's a very nice beach to relax, lots of sand and never too crowded with PEOPLE, just not enough parking spaces for everyone.

All I have time for at the moment, maybe I'll put more in later.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:43 AM

Hey, thanks for the suggestions so far. Definitely sounds interesting and I think I will go hit up that boardwalk. I'm not opposed to the idea of driving ot la jolla either, I hear the beaches are nice in that area. I can look up that beach online and find directions? I guess I'll plan to go there on thursday maybe, so it's less crowded. Thanks!

~Lawrence
Old 07-26-2008, 11:38 AM

You should be able to find some directions online to the beaches in the area. If not, just let me know and I can give you directions.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:27 PM

since there is a thread every week with this question, do a search, tons of answers
Old 07-26-2008, 05:12 PM

TO La Jolla Shores....from Hotel Cricle....
-8 West to the 5 North, exit La Jolla Village Drive.
-Left on La Jolla Village Drive, drive up for about 2 minutes then left on Torrey Pines Road.
-On TOrrey Pines ROad, it's a mountain actually, so you will be going downhill the whole time. Keep going downhill for about 4 minutes and then make a right on La Jolla Shores Drive.

By any chance, are you Sandy's friend? I am the guy with the silver s2000 if you are Sandy's friend. Coincidence if you are not, because I have friends comming from LA to SD and staying in Hotel Circle.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:05 PM

I'll try a search.

Thanks for the directions!

and no, sorry, no idea who Sandy is...