San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

May get rid of the S2K for....

Old 04-15-2011, 06:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default May get rid of the S2K for....

Well, I have been pondering getting rid of the s2000 for sometime now. I LOVE it, but it has been a never ending money pit to supposedly improve it. I ask how many of you would consider for an NSX. Ive seen clips on youtube of the NSX on the track, and it gets handled for the most part by the s2000. Im not talking straigts, Im talking actual courses. So I humbly ask of your opinion. If you had the choice of getting rid of the s2000 would you give it up for a 91 Black NSX for 25K with 99k in mileage? For some moe info, I do plan on tracking my ride once all my components are done, so for those of you that owned one, or experinced the NSX, how did you like it compared to the NSX? Thanks guys
Old 04-15-2011, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cannot imagine what type of money pit problem you would be in with a 91 NSX.

I was honestly in the same boat as you were and I just got over it. Trust me, did research and found out the biggest problem with NSX owners. I had the exact model I wanted as well. oh well, it was just a lust of something that just died.

GL on getting what you want.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by 02_s2k
Well, I have been pondering getting rid of the s2000 for sometime now. I LOVE it, but it has been a never ending money pit to supposedly improve it. I ask how many of you would consider for an NSX. Ive seen clips on youtube of the NSX on the track, and it gets handled for the most part by the s2000. Im not talking straigts, Im talking actual courses. So I humbly ask of your opinion. If you had the choice of getting rid of the s2000 would you give it up for a 91 Black NSX for 25K with 99k in mileage? For some moe info, I do plan on tracking my ride once all my components are done, so for those of you that owned one, or experinced the NSX, how did you like it compared to the NSX? Thanks guys
I would for sure, I have loved the NSX and always wanted one.. Just remember its an older car so its going to have its share of issues from age, also that the NSX is a whole different breed for repairs.. Parts are expensive and its not easy to repair so your cost is going to be higher for everything..

The good side, is theres nothing like the looks and sound of the NSX in in my opinion. Check Science of Speed for parts, theres a lot of stuff available for it!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:08 PM

at the end of the day its still a honda so should be fairly reliable, but ask gavin about when you need to do a valve adjustment, holy hell its a bitch from what i hear.

As far as performace is concerned the s2k destroys the nsx, ive done it multiple times and had them spin infront of me when i wasnt even going close to the s2ks limit. Id say keep the s, get some track time in and let the car scare the crap out of you haha.

but as gavin said that car is freakin beautiful!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:08 PM

oh and even in a straight line i went door to door with one at qualcomm multiple runs in a row
Old 04-15-2011, 09:11 PM

The money pit has just been non stop repairs. I just started to upgrade a few months ago. Just to name a few repairs it needs 4 shocks, bought the following : a third brake light, trunk, camber kit, tires, soft top, latches, wheel stud, clutch. Lol.see what I mean. Lol. This car has been a WIP since I got it in aug 09. I just got the Cr shocks and springs and the 00 front and rear sways. I agree with you guys. Im glad I got your input. Brad when my suspension is on I will go to one of the courses with y'all.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by 02_s2k
The money pit has just been non stop repairs. I just started to upgrade a few months ago. Just to name a few repairs it needs 4 shocks, bought the following : a third brake light, trunk, camber kit, tires, soft top, latches, wheel stud, clutch. Lol.see what I mean. Lol. This car has been a WIP since I got it in aug 09. I just got the Cr shocks and springs and the 00 front and rear sways. I agree with you guys. Im glad I got your input. Brad when my suspension is on I will go to one of the courses with y'all.
u havent had the car for 2 years yet . if you buy a used car sometimes you get burned. I had to get the head rebuilt out of pocket for like 1600.

But here's the thing, the car was great afterwards. Its something about fixing the car and getting her up to speed.

then u take it on the track and you'll know what all your efforts were for.

I believe with all my heart if you have an s2000 and have never taken it autocrossing or to the track, then you have not really owned an s2000. might seem like a motorsport elitist viewpoint but take a look around the car, and you'll see what it was designed for.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by bradskee
at the end of the day its still a honda so should be fairly reliable, but ask gavin about when you need to do a valve adjustment, holy hell its a bitch from what i hear.

As far as performace is concerned the s2k destroys the nsx, ive done it multiple times and had them spin infront of me when i wasnt even going close to the s2ks limit. Id say keep the s, get some track time in and let the car scare the crap out of you haha.

but as gavin said that car is freakin beautiful!
Speaking of Valve adjustment, that is my next mod after my suspension and two new rear tires. Well, I mean adjustment and upgrading to the ap2 retainers and keepers.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Banned

Jesus, you need 2 new rear tires???... just take the tires off of the wheels you got... *POW* you got tires...
Old 04-16-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by PeterBinSDs2k
Jesus, you need 2 new rear tires???... just take the tires off of the wheels you got... *POW* you got tires...
Naw peter...those are your tires and wheels. I cant do that. The only reason I need two bigger tires anyway is because my rears are 235, and with the CR suspension Im putting on it, 235's with it would look silly and wouldnt be functional either. But seriously man, I cant do that. Those are your wheels with your tires. WHat really sucks is I only have close to 1000 miles on these Yokohama s-drives since I bought them last year, so they are VERY new. I dont have a clue who would want low profile tires like that around here.

Quick Reply: May get rid of the S2K for....