San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Legit job?

Old 09-12-2007, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legit job?

im looking for a job since the automotive industry is getting a little slow.
i sent in my resume through craigslist and got a email from this lady.

is this a scam?

here is the email

DETAILS
This home base position is a great opportunity for stay at homemoms/dads/students, or anyone who wants to work from home. There is no calling strangers required. You choose your own hours of choice. You donot have to contact anyone, you will be processing responses from adswhich I assure you that everything will be explained to you in yourtraining materials. Everything is sent to your email account. There isno contract to sign, and the amount that you choose to process isentirely up to you but to make good money each week you have to put ina little work and try to respond to the ads in a timely manner.

COMPENSATION
You will be paid $10.00-20.00 for each order that you process. For example if you process 35 in a week you make $350.00- 700.00 forthat week plain and simple. The average person makes approximately$600.00 per week but the amount of money you earn is entirely up toyou.

TRAINING
Thetraining materials you receive will walk you step by step on yourduties, getting you started right away. There is no special softwarerequired for this position. Once you've completed your training, youcan start right away......it's up to you.

METHOD OF PAYMENT
Youwill receive your payment through Pay Pal. You are not going to be paidweekly; you will be paid for each application that you process. Thereis a one time fee of $15.00; this cost will cover the trainingmaterials sent to you. Once you have process your very first order youwould have made this fee back.

Somestart up fees are as high as $90.00 or more. We have kept ours verylow. Please understand that as much as I would like not to charge thissmall processing fee, we must protect ourselves from those who are notserious about this work. No business can afford to cover administrativecost, wasted time or provide costly materials to everyone who inquiresabout this positio n.

If you do not have a Pay Pal account, you may on to www.paypal.com to open a FREE and SECURED account, so you can get paid for your work.Pay Pal will allow a person to pay by electronic check, credit or debitcard. Pay Pal is a safe and secure way to pay directly online, and youtransfer the money from that account directly into your checking orsavings account. It is easier and much quicker for everyone. The signup is free.

Ifyou do not have a Pay Pal account use my email address (which is below)as your reference for signing up. Please email me as soon as you makeyour payment via Pay Pal so I can expedite materials to you and you can start immediately. Make your payment at Pay Pal for $20.00 to wucy33@yahoo.com
This work from home opportunity is legitimate and how successful you are only depends on the time and effort you putin. I am here to help you get started and answer any questions that youmay have. I do look forward to working with you in the future!

Old 09-12-2007, 10:58 PM

hmm..

i dont know man. tough call. pretty much my rule for signing up for something online is NOT to forward any money before them sending me the things I need.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:59 PM

it is shady.
should i ask for materials first before paying?
Old 09-12-2007, 11:43 PM

I would. Just cause...

1) its craigs list. Can be a scam
2) there is no phone number listed to call just in case nothing shows up.

So if they're not willing to ship you the stuff first, then back off cause its a good possibility its just someone looking to make a quick buck
Old 09-12-2007, 11:52 PM

Does it sound to good to be true? Then...
Old 09-13-2007, 06:47 AM

IMO its a scam...anything like that on craigslist i would not trust. if it was more reputable they probably would've posted it somewhere else. It happened to me before
Just a heads up
Old 09-13-2007, 06:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Rule of Thumb: Any job that you have to *pay* anything to get in is a scam.

Also, even if it is true, it sounds too "under-the-table" to be legit. Payments through paypal? That's pretty much handing you cash....otherwise they'd set it up as a direct deposit.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by srmp888@yahoo.com,Sep 12 2007, 10:59 PM
it is shady.
should i ask for materials first before paying?
Are you serious?

You are actually thinking about doing this sh*t scam??

Think about this for all of 3 seconds: what legit job makes YOU pay to get involved?

Answer: NONE

end of story. Try Monster, Careerbuilder, etc

Good Lord I cannot believe you are even contemplating this scam. They don't even issue paychecks, they paypal you money. Yeah, that's real legit.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:35 AM

sounds like a scam, i tried something like this before, $40 registration fee, paid that, and the packet they sent me was bogus. this was when i was in highschool, lookin for a way to make money.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:25 PM

Quick Reply: Legit job?