San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Job Relocation - Need advice

Old 06-28-2012, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Job Relocation - Need advice

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out on the local San Diego S2000 forums. I have a job interview scheduled in the next 2 weeks over in the Rancho Bernardo area. If things go right, I might be relocating to the San Diego area (currently from Orlando, FL). I have never been to San Diego so I was wondering if there are any good places to look for living possibilities? My wife and I are 30 and we would be looking for at least a 2/2 in a condo or townhouse (no apartments) in a safe area. Maybe some where that is more West or within a 15 min drive to the beach. My price budget would be somewhere in the high 1000's or low 2000's. Even a trendy young professional area as well would be nice. I will only have a day or two to browse the area but any input would be thankful.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rancho Bernardo is one of the nicer areas in San Diego. Although a little north of the nightlife(downtown), still a great place. It's an older, more higher end community that serves a mature/older crowd.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:03 AM

La Jolla is something you might consider. Its more on the higher end of your budget but you will be near the beaches.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:26 AM

How far is downtown San Diego to Rancho Bernardo? Is downtown a place to consider? I mean I don't necessarily need to be next to the beach but maybe even a 20-25 min drive is fine. I currently live in Orlando so the nearest beach is roughly 50 minutes. La Jolla does seem a bit expensive at the moment. I don't mind commuting 20 min to work as well which is in the Rancho Bernardo area. I don't think I would prefer to live in the Rancho Bernardo area.

Thanks for the help. It is mostly appreciated!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:37 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I suggest looking at the condos/town homes at 4s Ranch. Its a new community that is technically part of rancho bernardo(but newer) and has a large selection of living areas to choose from. Its got all the local shopping marts,groceries,malls within 10-15minutes driving. Im a suburb kinda guy so I like to stray away from places like downtown. That place is just too old and busy for my tastes, and not only that, its expensive! It sounds like 4s ranch suits your criteria with the exception being that its part of rancho bernardo. You could also look into the condos/towne homes in Sorrento valley area which is on the outskirts of mira mesa. Theres a bunch of really nice looking condos but may be pushing 2100$ a month.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:38 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Downtown san diego to rancho bernardo is about a 30minute drive.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Carbon Blue
Thanks for the reply Carbon! Also I'll be there on a Thursday night. Any places I should go to get a drink? I don't mind the drive since I'm trying to explore the area.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nnkfws333
Originally Posted by Carbon Blue' timestamp='1340912319' post='21819356
Thanks for the reply Carbon! Also I'll be there on a Thursday night. Any places I should go to get a drink? I don't mind the drive since I'm trying to explore the area.
In rancho Bernardo, Urge Gastropub. Awesome place with great burgers and doesn't break the bank.

Downtown is too crowded and annoying for me unless I am going out on the town with friends, guess I'm a suburb kinda guy as well. Mira Mesa/Sorrento Valley is about 20 min away from Rancho Bernardo. I suggest to look into Mira Mesa/Rancho Penasquitos/Poway for living arrangements. It's pretty much the center of San Diego.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

San Diego Spectrum area would be ideal for you. Quiet area, different types of condo's town homes/apt's to choose from. The apt's just got built, no one has moved it yet since they are putting in finishing touches but man they look nice! the condo's are multiple story and different floor plan's, very artsy. WIll be under your 2000 budget. You will be right next to the 163, 52, 15, all which connect to the 805 and 5 within a mile, and if you drive local you are about 15min away from PB, Downtown, LA jolla, and mission beach. I know this because i live in this area. I love it and feel spoiled. The neighbors are great as well.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by nadeem
San Diego Spectrum area would be ideal for you. Quiet area, different types of condo's town homes/apt's to choose from. The apt's just got built, no one has moved it yet since they are putting in finishing touches but man they look nice! the condo's are multiple story and different floor plan's, very artsy. WIll be under your 2000 budget. You will be right next to the 163, 52, 15, all which connect to the 805 and 5 within a mile, and if you drive local you are about 15min away from PB, Downtown, LA jolla, and mission beach. I know this because i live in this area. I love it and feel spoiled. The neighbors are great as well.
This looks like a nice area and seems like a good price point. It seems a little far of a drive to work though to Rancho Bernardo

I will check out that place Rubn1out4GudLuk (Urge Gastropub)

Quick Reply: Job Relocation - Need advice