San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.
View Poll Results: Is there any interest for a new C/O???
Yes
65.00%
No
35.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Interest for a new C/O?

Old 04-18-2010, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you guys want to be more active then go for it, but honestly no reason for a north chapter. toy drives, car wash, drives, more meets are good ideas... But like said before it's not only the CO's who can start these things...... You may not be able to get your own chapter..... But you can make your own crew/group like topdown, filthiest, and gripwerks...... they don't need their own chapter and yet they are very active.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BSeriouS,Apr 18 2010, 10:18 AM
I completely understand where everyone is coming from, and I will admit that I have been very inactive as of late. I've been dealing with my own problems, and taking care of what needs to be done, and what I find is most important in my life. S2ki is my hobby, not my life.

If some of you have forgotten, I have requested to stepped down from being CO several months ago, but did not get the response needed to do so. As I can see the community growing right before my eyes, I will gladly pass the torch, and give it to a member that carries such charisma,and can keep San Diego active at such a steady pace. I will make a new thread soon and we will vote in the new CO, to work along side of Castro to keep SD at bay.

However, Nuke, this issue could have been handled in a very mature manner, if you would have contacted me via PM, instead of opening a thread. As you can already see, there is a confliction upon members because of this thread, and it possibly could have saved 2 pages of the community's time. I will gladly step down as CO.
PM'ed reply.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:37 AM

Also, I have one more thing I'd like to say.

It's been a cold/rainy season end of last year and early this year. It's finally starting to warm up, people are coming out and enjoying it a little more.

Be patient, people will come. The sudden surge of members may seem like new activity, but it's more of a "returned" activity.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:40 AM

Locked.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:14 AM

Very well said by everyone here Especially the active memebers I known for a while and hang with.

As for the segregation of the county. I will still consider as a whole as a SD chapter. BUt by all means, NC meets I will not be discourage. Only reason why I didnt make one in the past is because of the limited participaters in NC. I had to work with members that were closer to the areas in mira mesa and below, which I had no problem with doing.

As for this thread created by Nuke, he had discussed with my last friday about the CO concern. I guess he never gave me the oppertunity to contact Don in advance. No one at fault though, Nuke just took charge that is all. I am sure he meant no harm.

As for myself, LIke I told Don and said in the begin when I got appointed as the community's CO. I love S2ki w/ positive or negative comments and w/ mature and immature feedback. I gave my word that I would do my best to lead and make SD chapter a good one. It has not been easy with my life changing events, good and bad but I feel i am doing my best to manage.