San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.
View Poll Results: Is there any interest for a new C/O???
Yes
65.00%
No
35.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Interest for a new C/O?

Old 04-18-2010, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smoke_rocks,Apr 18 2010, 08:18 AM
I'm didn't want to comment on the noob thing but those immature comments bug me. I know more about cars then most know about there own mothers! If you don't believe us come meet us.
im with u on this one buddy
Old 04-18-2010, 09:23 AM

I nominate Doneliz to become a member first and then become a CO, my open and honest opinion, the dude is always at Fusion and he set up that picture day, the one that happened at 7am, good thinking, got like 20+ heads out.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nichigo,Apr 18 2010, 06:46 AM
Just my .02...but the CO's probably should have been PM'ed about this and asked what they thought before this post was created. Castro and Don are reasonable and open people so i'm sure they would have/will have some good input on this topic.

I agree with Don...we might need a little more activity...but maybe that just means the CO's need to be nudged more...not REPLACED. And for those who haven't been around for as long as the rest of us...this has probably been the MOST active that SD has been in a while. The fact that we have the frequency of meets that we DO have is an improvement over past years.

And also...more than weekly meets? Do you guys live in your cars or something? Alot of us have lives and wouldnt' even be able to meet more frequently than a week, on a regular basis. I personally like the weekly meet setup with a random meet here and there.
my point exactly...

Excuse me? I do recall coming all the way from SM to go to your football meet to found out that I drove all the way down there for nothing.

I got snacks and and drinks with ice. I didnt make a big deal about but I guess I will let this one out.
Jose my bad... i know i could of been more tackful in my wordage... PM'd and Texted

Old 04-18-2010, 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=smoke_rocks,Apr 18 2010, 09:18 AM] I'm didn't want to comment on the noob thing but
Old 04-18-2010, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by howardtan,Apr 18 2010, 09:23 AM
I nominate Doneliz to become a member first and then become a CO, my open and honest opinion, the dude is always at Fusion and he set up that picture day, the one that happened at 7am, good thinking, got like 20+ heads out.
thanks Howard... but even if more people nominate myself i would pass... im nice but i would just bann anyone and everyone that brings up drama especially among a bunch of dudes and makes going on this forum not fun to be on... and owning my car not fun...

Have people forgotten that setting up meets and events is not the CO's sole responsibility...

the picture day you state i did put together and was a success as a community builder in that it got everyone together... but i didn't go around demanding people to step down...

leadership is not in ones title, its within oneself...

^^i hope that makes sense...
Old 04-18-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by 619Nick06,Apr 18 2010, 10:43 AM
That's not the same type of "noob." He means it strictly in the sense that most of you have not been around as long as some others. Don't take so much offense to that word when it's not even in the right context.

I believe this should have been a private matter. If someone felt strongly enough about this issue, they should have contacted the CO(s) privately, spoke with them about their concerns, and maybe gone public with it after a few exchanges.

Make a north county chapter if you guys feel it's necessary. North County is still considered SD, there's no reason for a separate chapter IMO. It's a 20-30 minute drive from the south to central SD, same as it is from the north. If you feel strongly enough about it, then that's your prerogative and you guys can do what you can to get your own chapter, although it's not easy. It takes a lot of activity to make a new chapter, and splitting SD (including Temecula, Hemet, whatever in between) to make your own chapter is not going to be easy to get approved.

Every CO that has been through any chapter in S2Ki has done their part. Whether it be Jose, Don, whoever has been or will be a CO, they all share one thing in common: they look out for everyone else and take time out of their lives to make this a better place for all of us. It's not a leisure being a CO, it's a responsibility. Try to respect that a little more.
Well said, nick. Why not just create a thread recommending possible activities/event the CO could look into for the community? It's a simple fix.

This thread should be locked.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by 619Nick06,Apr 18 2010, 09:43 AM
That's not the same type of "noob." He means it strictly in the sense that most of you have not been around as long as some others. Don't take so much offense to that word when it's not even in the right context.

I believe this should have been a private matter. If someone felt strongly enough about this issue, they should have contacted the CO(s) privately, spoke with them about their concerns, and maybe gone public with it after a few exchanges.

Make a north county chapter if you guys feel it's necessary. North County is still considered SD, there's no reason for a separate chapter IMO. It's a 20-30 minute drive from the south to central SD, same as it is from the north. If you feel strongly enough about it, then that's your prerogative and you guys can do what you can to get your own chapter, although it's not easy. It takes a lot of activity to make a new chapter, and splitting SD (including Temecula, Hemet, whatever in between) to make your own chapter is not going to be easy to get approved.

Every CO that has been through any chapter in S2Ki has done their part. Whether it be Jose, Don, whoever has been or will be a CO, they all share one thing in common: they look out for everyone else and take time out of their lives to make this a better place for all of us. It's not a leisure being a CO, it's a responsibility. Try to respect that a little more.
Well said Nick.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by quicksilvers2k,Apr 18 2010, 09:53 AM
Well said, nick. Why not just create a thread recommending possible activities/event the CO could look into for the community? It's a simple fix.

I HELLA AGREE
Old 04-18-2010, 10:14 AM

Old 04-18-2010, 10:18 AM

I completely understand where everyone is coming from, and I will admit that I have been very inactive as of late. I've been dealing with my own problems, and taking care of what needs to be done, and what I find is most important in my life. S2ki is my hobby, not my life.

If some of you have forgotten, I have requested to stepped down from being CO several months ago, but did not get the response needed to do so. As I can see the community growing right before my eyes, I will gladly pass the torch, and give it to a member that carries such charisma,and can keep San Diego active at such a steady pace. I will make a new thread soon and we will vote in the new CO, to work along side of Castro to keep SD at bay.

However, Nuke, this issue could have been handled in a very mature manner, if you would have contacted me via PM, instead of opening a thread. As you can already see, there is a confliction upon members because of this thread, and it possibly could have saved 2 pages of the community's time. I will gladly step down as CO.

Quick Reply: Interest for a new C/O?