San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

I will quit SMOKING.

Old 09-14-2005, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I will quit SMOKING.

I've been smoking since I was 14, I'm now 24. That's 10 years of my life that I've been smoking. I started smoking because at the time, I thought it was cool. Hell, all my friends where smoking, I might as well too. Now, I just think it's dumb and embarrassing.

I've notice lately that I can't even walk up 3 flights of stairs without being fully exhausted, sports are pretty much out the question. I try to convince myself that it's not the cigarettes and that I'm just out of shape. Who knows, it's probably a combination of both.....but deep down inside, I know it's the cigarettes and it's killing me slowly, or shall I say it's killing my lungs slowly.

I've decided that I don't want to die young. I've notice that there are quite alot of use that smoke. I've notice that everyone wants to quit but they don't have guidance. I know it won't be easy but I got to do what I got I got to do if I want to live.

I hope everyone that smokes reads this message, Ken, Joe, Cory, Phil ect. Please try to quit. Simple question, do you want to live or die? I think that if we all have guidance from each other, we will pull through.

September 15th, 2005, I will try to quit "Cold Turkey."

I hope at least one of you guys will join me. Who knows, I might be saving your life.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:56 PM

Congrats on making a WISE decision. Patricia and I are rooting for ya
Old 09-14-2005, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by R.P.M,Sep 14 2005, 08:56 PM
Congrats on making a WISE decision. Patricia and I are rooting for ya
Thanks Mike.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That decision alone took a lot of inner strength. Good luck.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Liemoanh,Sep 14 2005, 09:58 PM
Thanks Mike.
A hem, what about me?!!

j/k

BEST of LUCK!! I know you can do it.

Your lungs will heal themselves if you let them. It will take 10-15 years but they will regenerate and you will decrease your odds of negative health concerns significantly!

Patricia
Old 09-14-2005, 09:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can DO it!!!!!!

cold turkey's the only way to do it....
Old 09-14-2005, 09:51 PM

We're all pulling for you Liem.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:07 PM

good job buddy liem if u ever need a friendly ass kicking to remnd u not to smoke let me know - dave
Old 09-14-2005, 10:37 PM

Liem,
I understand where you are coming from. I have been thinking about quiting myself for some time now. Camille (my girl) hates it when I smoke and when we hang out (which is rare because of her school) I don't smoke the whole entire day. At the end of it I always ask myself should I light that cig or start the count of not smoking. I always end up giving in saying f**k it. I mean the things that bug me about it is I have tons of colonge and I never get to use it because it's completly pointless to use them. I like to dress nice and also smell nice and it kills it you know. I don't so much think it's embarassing because I do what I want to do and don't care what others think but I think it's more of a growing older thing and letting bad old habits go (for me that is).

I started smoking because of what happened to me when I was younger (personal) and a friend suggested to start smoking. I use to solve my anger problems that were caused by what happend by going out and getting in trouble fights etc. She (yes she) said that smoking calms her in situations where she is stressed or mad etc. Don't get me wrong I started smoking as my own decision. So i tried it, that was at the age of 15. I have not been smoking for that long but the fire in me has burned itself out. I really don't get anything out of lighting a cig anymore. I also use to be skinny as hell I was a few months away from being pretty toned then I started to smoking (I actually quit for 7 months) and got lazy and it was down hill from there.

Liem I'm in this with you bro. It's time and the time is now. I'm willing to support you in this as much as I can. Today marks the last day I smoke, or atleast try but I will give it my hardest try ever. We all have got it in us and we can do this if we just put both feet foward and invest ourselves. Support one another. Lets do this.

Kind regards,
Joe
Old 09-14-2005, 11:19 PM

I need to quit smoking too You know how many times I have mention this?

I want to quit cause its such waste of money! All that money I put into cigarettes I could have bought myself a brand new civic! Its also bad for your health! I smoked since I was 14 too and I am now 23! I'll pick a day to quit. Just don't know when yet

Good Luck Liem

Quick Reply: I will quit SMOKING.