San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

HIT AND RUN

Old 02-29-2008, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HIT AND RUN

Okay, my family just got into a hit and run, this is my first ever hit and run incident

All I know is, we were parked at a light sitting in a Toyota matrix.

A silver Lancer drives by and smashes the left rear door all the way to the quarter panel.

I called the cops and they said they wont show up to the crime scene and ill have to file a report tomorrow so all I have with me is a report from a local security working at a mall. We took some pictures but thats basically it.

what can I do tomorrow while filing a report? I have full coverage with farmers insurance I think with a $1000 deductible.

Can I report injuries to myself and family? It would be nice to get my back straighten by a chiropractor... what else can I do to get as much as I can out of this assuming we cant find the hit and run driving and cant send him to state prison for 5 years?
Old 02-29-2008, 02:43 PM

wow, well I don't condone(sp) insurance fraud, but I am pretty sure this comes out of your collision policy, and not uninsured motorist. So, if it is collision, you can only get as much as what your policy allows. But when you report it to insurance, just tell them you were injured, and your back hurts, etc.. Your policy should take care of it. However, I do believe your insurance rates will rise, and they could possibly drop you, because it's collision and since it's a hit an run, they have no way of knowing who's fault it is.

This is just what I think, can anyone else chime in?
Old 02-29-2008, 03:08 PM
AP2

well, when my sisters car was involved in a hit and run we had to pay our deductible to get the car repaired and since it wasnt her fault the rates didnt increase or anything. we eventually found the culprit and he felt guilty and reimbursed us. i know there are a couple of people here that work for insurance companies that will provide more insight. GL with everything.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:32 PM

thanks guys.

so when i wake up the next morning and decided to go out for a drive, i end up seeing that my neighbors car looks ****ed up for some reason. i go and inspect a little futher and it turns out my ****in neighbor hit us!

at first, when we confronted them, they denied everything and tried to say they were hit and filed a report that morning also. but when we called the police over and they gave the neighbors a nice knock on the door, they gave in pretty quick.

so now they gave us the insurance information and they are paying for all the damages...however, it pissed me off that they tried to deny it in the first place, is there anyway to prosecute them for a hit and run? (we cant charge for drunk driving due to no proof) We were going to file a police report but the insurance agent told us they would do it and it wasnt really needed due to the fact that finding the car and driver of the hit and run was a long shot.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:40 AM

wow. congrats on finding them. I was severely rear-ended in a hit-n-run and they never caught them that I know of. I still have neck issues.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:11 AM

Holy crap. Nice work on finding the offender.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:20 PM

any updates with this?
Old 04-13-2008, 04:08 PM

wtf robert you got hit damn why didnt you chase that f**** down
Old 04-13-2008, 06:46 PM

^^ take them to civil suit.... sue for punitive damages.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:09 AM

thats what happened to me when i had my car rear ended !! the MFers tried to dip on the 8 east leaving hooters and we had to chase them down doing 90 in my wrecked car it was some teenagers in their grandpas explorer and they were scared as shit !! they paid for everything though !!

Quick Reply: HIT AND RUN