San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Emanage

Old 10-01-2012, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Emanage

I'm thinking of gettting a Greddy Turbo kit for my AP1. Is there anyone in SD that can dynotune the emanage? What kind of numbers am I looking at (HP & torq) once I slap the kit on and get a good tune? I'll be running a full 3" exhaust.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:31 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

hp in the 270-280 range on stock boost. 300-310 if you turn it up to 10psi
Old 10-01-2012, 08:45 PM

go the custom route
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look into the TrackForged kit. 6 different turbos to choose from depending how responsive you want it and how much power you want to make.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although Greddy is a well known company, for some reason, the welds on their Intake dont hold up very well with our cars. Ive known other owners with Infiniti's that have used it with success and no problems. Also, I know a guy on the 'other' forum, and he tracks his car regularly with this kit. His name is speedracer, and he has rebuilt the turbo I believe 2x now, and asked Pang from PFAB to make him a custom Intake as the Greedy Intake due to the welds cracking on it on more than 2 occasions. Not bashing Greddy at all, just saying, if you are concerned about CARB legality and what not, then I believe Comptech makes a kit that is a Supercharger. But as everyone else has said, there are better options for 6K.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:34 PM

Facebook like nuke and jesus' comments
Old 10-03-2012, 07:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/794...ged-turbo-kit/
Old 10-10-2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk
Curious as to why folks are recommending custom/big-turbo kits to somebody with a car in SoCal. What is the solution to get around smog ever 2 years? Smog shop wouldn't even pass my 99% stock car without the proper CARB sticker on the K&N intake.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:26 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz
Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk' timestamp='1349276776' post='22055598
Curious as to why folks are recommending custom/big-turbo kits to somebody with a car in SoCal. What is the solution to get around smog ever 2 years? Smog shop wouldn't even pass my 99% stock car without the proper CARB sticker on the K&N intake.
yes you caught on! the reason is because s2ki is no different from any other forum, even if they have no experience with the kit, it will be bashed for making low HP. the HKS s/c kit is currently going through the same criticism right now.

only way to pass non carb parts in CA are to take them off come smog time or to smog illegally by paying a crooked smog tech to pass the car with the parts still on it. Both a hassle and costly in the long run. But some people are willing to do this!

if you want CARB legal FI, only options are vortech/comptech for SC or greddy for turbo. personally, if i were to ever go FI again, i'd love to try out a vortech or comptech kit and have no worries when the cops roll around...that's just me though.
It's so stressful when you are rolling around with an illegal engine or FI kit that can't be easily removed. An illegal intake isn't much, it's so easy to swap out when you have to smog or if you get a ticket, but engines and FI kits are such a hassle to remove.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02_s2k
Although Greddy is a well known company, for some reason, the welds on their Intake dont hold up very well with our cars. Ive known other owners with Infiniti's that have used it with success and no problems. Also, I know a guy on the 'other' forum, and he tracks his car regularly with this kit. His name is speedracer, and he has rebuilt the turbo I believe 2x now, and asked Pang from PFAB to make him a custom Intake as the Greedy Intake due to the welds cracking on it on more than 2 occasions. Not bashing Greddy at all, just saying, if you are concerned about CARB legality and what not, then I believe Comptech makes a kit that is a Supercharger. But as everyone else has said, there are better options for 6K.

Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk' timestamp='1349276776' post='22055598

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum' timestamp='1349911568' post='22073717
[quote name='Rubn1out4GudLuk' timestamp='1349276776' post='22055598']
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/794...ged-turbo-kit/
yes you caught on! the reason is because s2ki is no different from any other forum, even if they have no experience with the kit, it will be bashed for making low HP. the HKS s/c kit is currently going through the same criticism right now.

only way to pass non carb parts in CA are to take them off come smog time or to smog illegally by paying a crooked smog tech to pass the car with the parts still on it. Both a hassle and costly in the long run. But some people are willing to do this!

if you want CARB legal FI, only options are vortech/comptech for SC or greddy for turbo. personally, if i were to ever go FI again, i'd love to try out a vortech or comptech kit and have no worries when the cops roll around...that's just me though.
It's so stressful when you are rolling around with an illegal engine or FI kit that can't be easily removed. An illegal intake isn't much, it's so easy to swap out when you have to smog or if you get a ticket, but engines and FI kits are such a hassle to remove.
[/quote]

I agree. Greddy is not a bad company. I had a hard on for their CARB legal kit for a LONG time. However, when I did further investigating, the welds on the Greddy Intake Manifold are notorious for cracking very easily. The last thing I wanted was a constant repair. This is why recommended the Vortech/Comptech route since I believe they are the only company aside from Greddy that is CARB legal. I dont know if OP was aware on intake manifold issues and greddy's turbo issues. As far as HP and whether to choose Greddy or no, it's up to OP as well. I just put my two cents based off experience from others and lots of reading. Again, Not bashing Greddy, but for some reason their boost package have certain specific issues with our cars. Not all are of their kits are that way, but many are unfortunately. Thats why I recommended the Supercharger CARB legal Vortech/Comptech route.

Quick Reply: Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Emanage