San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Gonna be needing a job soon...

Old 01-25-2008, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gonna be needing a job soon...

So, I found out last week that my job is going to let me go. Long story short, working with family was not allowed (by the handbook) but they hired me anyway to work with my dad. I think as I started working more and asked for benefits, they decided it was time to stop it..

Now, I know there's that whole wrongful termination crap, but my dad needs his job, and if it wasn't him, I'd be more than happy to go after them, but then again, if it wasn't him I wouldn't be in this situation either.

Either way, just putting this out there, seeing if anyone in the greater San Diego area needs an employee. Looking for a well paying job, need something that pays AT LEAST $10/hour (I currently make $15) otherwise it just won't work out for me, and I may have to end up selling the S for a cheaper car..

Experience with computers, shipping and receiving, lots of office work, willing to learn new stuff, whatever that may be.

If there's a spot open somewhere that can help me out, let me know and I'll submit a resume. Just seeing what's out there, and if any of you guys can help. I got until end of February to find a new job.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:43 PM

I don't understand your quip about wrongful termination. You were hired under guidelines that were not allowed in the handbook to begin with, so you shouldn't have had the job in the first place? That's not wrongful termination, that is the right thing to do.

Not trying to be lame, but I just don't get your inclusion of that part of your post.

GL with job search. Monster, Careerbuilder, Craigslist ....
Old 01-25-2008, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by SD_S2K,Jan 25 2008, 02:43 PM
I don't understand your quip about wrongful termination. You were hired under guidelines that were not allowed in the handbook to begin with, so you shouldn't have had the job in the first place? That's not wrongful termination, that is the right thing to do.

Not trying to be lame, but I just don't get your inclusion of that part of your post.

GL with job search. Monster, Careerbuilder, Craigslist ....
Well, my little deal I have with that, is that they made the exception to the rules (actually hired two people with family) around the same time in our department. My department is very small, but we bring in the most revenue of the entire company. There are 4 of us office workers, than 3 field operators, and that's it for our department. My dad and his 2nd in command hired us to come work with them, be a 3rd arm to them.

So, we've been there for about two years, and all of a sudden they decide they want to kick us out because they're "enforcing policy" two years later. I have done nothing wrong, and neither has the other employee (we're both being let go), and for them to let us go with no good reason other than "we decided we don't want you here because you're family" is stupid, IMHO. They're talking about hiring 4 employees to the replace the two of us. And we work less hours than a full time employee. They're going to be hurting. I just don't understand it.

It would have been different if like, I was hired, and someone up top found out about it recently, but the president of the company knew from day one so it wasn't a surprise or anything. They haven't given us a good reason to let us go other than "we're enforcing rules now, rather than later."
Old 01-25-2008, 04:33 PM

Ok with your explanation that makes more sense as to your disgust

After 2 years, that is an odd change. Maybe their CPA or lawyer finally noticed and decided now is the time. Even though you have been there a long time, what's against the rules is against the rules. Just sucks it is out of the blue and doesn't make sense for any other reason.

GL in the job search ...
Old 02-16-2008, 10:25 PM

i was bored and saw this in this topic... www.navy.com "accelerate your life" just a thought ...
Old 02-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Banned

Nick, the word navy stands for never again volunteer yourself...