San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

A friggin' car went through my backyard

Old 03-23-2008, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A friggin' car went through my backyard

Yeah..

So, was next door with the family eating dinner, and a couple of us heard a loud crash sound. We quickly found a car in our backyard.

Some old piece of crap BMW 325i. Woman driver, both driver and passenger reeked of alcohol, but the woman who was driving was under the legal limit so was not arrested.

Got no pictures of the street, but I'll try to get some tomorrow.

My guess is she had to have been doing at least 60 to try to get around this corner. It is a 90 degree turn, and is not very wide. It's maybe 50-75 feet wide, a two way road with one lane going each way.

She went across the street, on to the opposite sidewalk, then kept going all the way back across the street AGAIN, hit the guardrail, and propelled herself into our fence.

There is absolutely NO way she could have done this at a speed any LESS than 60 MPH. My guess is she was maybe going faster, and didn't take her foot off the accelerator. She hit a decent sized curb, hit a guardrail, and still managed to destroy a wood and chain link fence, and go about 10 feet into my backyard.

It just blows my mind how stupid someone can be. My brother, dad, and I believe she nearly MISSED the turn, tried to turn on to the street from about halfway through the intersection.

Either way, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

The outcome: Nothing.

Driver did not have license on her, but says she has a driver's license. Car was not hers or her boyfriends/husbands, and we could not get a hold of the owner of the car. Therefore, we're waiting to find out about insurance claims and if we're going to have to do anything.

We will go to court if it comes down to it, but for now, we wait for more info.

Also, there are cabinets my dad has been working on for the addition to the house, and were damaged in someway. They are not useable, and is about $1000 worth of wood, and about 80 hours worth of time put into these things.

Our deck was built by hand by us, the wood fence was built by us, along with a stone wall that was hand laid by us, again. We have so much work put into that area that it's going to be a lot of money and time to get it back to where it was.

Pics...

The dumb bitch that was driving...

The cabinets. My dad is usually out here working every free minute he has, the only reason he wasn't out there today was because we were eating for Easter. Luckily.

The aftermath.

Ooh, and our neighbors got a video of part of it. As soon as they heard the crash they got the camera.

Turns out, the lady was driving, the dude in the passenger got out, they switched places, and from hooking up the camera to the TV, we could see clearly what happened. He also tried to back the car out of the yard, as we could hear revving. I guess he also asked our neighbor for help to get the car out of the yard.

****ing bitches. They're lucky nobody was hurt, and that we were not over at our house for dinner. They would have had the shit beat out of them.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:08 PM
AP2

holy smoke
Old 03-23-2008, 09:29 PM

glad to hear no one was hurt.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oOweEe,Mar 23 2008, 09:29 PM
glad to hear no one was hurt.

and ...
Old 03-23-2008, 10:14 PM

daaaaaamn...that's crazy!
Old 03-23-2008, 10:21 PM

Damn, that's some crazy shit!
Old 03-23-2008, 11:49 PM

Dumb driver.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow thats crazy
Old 03-24-2008, 02:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Read your post and didn't see anything about the Police being called? Is there a reason why?

Sorry to hear about the damage. Very fortunate that no one was killed or injured.

Tim
Old 03-24-2008, 06:21 AM

[QUOTE=SIIK2NR,Mar 24 2008, 02:59 AM] Read your post and didn't see anything about the Police being called?

Quick Reply: A friggin' car went through my backyard