San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

fix-it tickets

Old 10-24-2007, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fix-it tickets

hey guys,

first and foremost, i'd like to send my sympathies to those touched/affected by the fire in SD and most of southern california. I pray for everyone's safety and speedy recovery.

k, now about my gripe. I just got my noticed from the court about my fix-it tickets.
1 for no front license plate... WTF.
2. window tint too dark.... again WTF.

I guess I'm just upset that they picked on me. I mean there's so many folks out there with darker tint, etc... I wasn't even speeding and I had my top down for goodness sake!!! Blah..

Anyway guys, I know I'm going to deal with this one way or another but I needed to find out how some of you folks deal with this kind of situation. What are my options?

Thanks,
Rowan
Old 10-24-2007, 04:32 PM

Not sure what type of answer you are looking for, pay the tickets and get them signed off. Not like you got a DUI.

If you have dark tint and no front plates, by law you can be pulled over at any time for those reasons. Pretty cut and dry situation there. Personally I never drive my S when I am drinking for that reason alone. If some cop pulls me over because I have no front plates and I get busted for something else, then I asked for it.

I was driving home from dinner in Del Mar on a date and a cop pulled me over and stated it was because of my no front plate. But I know he pulled me over to see if I was drinking and driving. If you give them any excuse to pull you over, they can and will if they feel like it.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:07 PM

^^ Thanks man. I know I just felt like whining about it. I should have thought about this before in the first place. Anyway, I guess I'll take the tint out and put the plate back on so I don't pay the fine except for the $10 fix-it fee for each violation.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:55 PM

I always wanted to write this here but never did. Like 3 weeks back or so, I was on way back from a date in Dana Point and noticed bunch of cops, may be around 15 asking each car to pull over and checking for DUI. That was kinda interesting situation to me since I haven't seen that before. I had one drink at ritz carlton. So its my turn, they stopped me and a cop appeared to me
cop: do you have ur license
me: yeah
cop: can I see it
cop: have you had any major convictions recently
me: no sir
cop: where are you coming from
me: ritz carlton
cop: have you had any drinks in the restaurant
me: ... pause yes sir, I had one drink an hour ago
cops looks at me, points his light at my face and the girl next to me and then
cop: do you think the one drink had any effect in your driving
me: no sir
cop: you are free to go, drive safely

And I had no front license plate by the way, I think I was just lucky to get out from that situation, the cop was decent.

-Ski
Old 10-24-2007, 10:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Put your plate on
2. Peel your tint
3. Get Cop to sign ticket
4. Pay ticket
5. Take plate off
6. Put tint back on
7. Avoid Cops.

Tim
Old 10-24-2007, 11:58 PM
Banned

throw the tickets away and foggetaboudit...

Old 10-25-2007, 06:36 AM

the court will make u take the tint off. abotu the window tint...just be more sneaky next time. most ppl do. and ur front plate, i never ever have mine on, but when they do give me a ticket which they have, i just put it on and get it sign off and take it off again. but this is no big deal, you should be ok.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SIIK2NR,Oct 24 2007, 10:31 PM
1. Put your plate on
2. Peel your tint
3. Get Cop to sign ticket
4. Pay ticket
5. Take plate off
6. Put tint back on
7. Avoid Cops.

Tim
good advice.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 AM

umm i'll pm u the number but theres a guy in sd name Mr. Ticket and pretty much he goes to court for u and fix everything without u taking off ur tint or watever problems. and its cheap depending on cases. my friend got dui and he went to mr. ticket and payed 150 and got his car back and didnt have to spend time in jail but still got his license suspended, but still better dan being in jail and not able to bail ur car out of the impound.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Ray

Peel the tint off of the side windows, zip tie the license plate to the front grille, go to UCSD campus police or the police station on Eastgate mall and get them signed off.

Come home, cut off the zip ties, go to

Mr. Tint Window Tinting
2030 Vineyard Avenue
Escondido, CA 92029
Phone: 760-746-7866

and get their 35% Pinnacle Series ceramic tint.
I paid $100 for two side windows.

ceramic tint>any metallic tint>dye tint

Total spent $10+$10+$100=$120

Quick Reply: fix-it tickets