San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Fix-it ticket.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fix-it ticket.

My girlfriend got pulled over in her IS250 about 2.5 months ago and was given a ticket for speeding, not having a front license plate, and tinted front windows. Oddly enough, we still haven't recieved anything in the mail so could anyone explain to me what the cop is supposed to sign on?

Ideally, I'd like to avoid drilling holes in her front bumper and removing the tint so does anyonehave a "buddy" that could sign this off for me or can any of you guys reccomend the best station to get the ticket signed off at? I vaguely remember Bradskee saying that he got his fix-it ticket signed off somewhere and they didn't even come out to look at the car.

Thanks in advance guys,
- David.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:25 PM

I got mine signed off at the chp station off of ruffin road. He just asked if it was done I said yeah and he signed it off. Then again if you get caught in a lie you might be screwed
Old 07-03-2012, 03:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you could zip tie the plate to the grille but as for tint i don't see a way around that (unless the cop doesn't look of course)
Old 07-03-2012, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D's Up.
My girlfriend got pulled over in her IS250 about 2.5 months ago and was given a ticket for speeding, not having a front license plate, and tinted front windows. Oddly enough, we still haven't recieved anything in the mail so could anyone explain to me what the cop is supposed to sign on?

Ideally, I'd like to avoid drilling holes in her front bumper and removing the tint so does anyonehave a "buddy" that could sign this off for me or can any of you guys reccomend the best station to get the ticket signed off at? I vaguely remember Bradskee saying that he got his fix-it ticket signed off somewhere and they didn't even come out to look at the car.

Thanks in advance guys,
- David.
David, I got a tint ticket 5 years ago on the 4th of July in PB for tint. I took it off the day before I went to get the ticket signed.I went to a police station here on Salmon River Rd. Well, he just looked at it, asked if I had fixed it, and I said yes (which was true), signed it, then said 'Have a nice day'. That was my luck, but with yours, you may want to avoid the hassle and just do it in case. Also, how dark was your front tint?
Old 07-04-2012, 11:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by D's Up.

Thanks in advance guys,
- David.
You can zip tie the front plate to your grill. Some states won't even let you do that but California you may be able to get away with it. I had 10 tint tickets in like 1991-1993 and they were a $10 fixit ticket. I took the tint off the 30th day and had City Marshall sign off. Easy.

However, in the 1990's you only got like 30 (it may have been 45 days, sorry its been a long time) days before the ticket was up from date of issue. Your court date is right on the ticket or it use to be and if you miss that a bench warrant was issued for your arrest. Again that was 1988-1995. Not sure if its still the same. I remember it quite well because I had so many tint tickets. I only went to court once to fight it in 1993.

Good luck
Old 07-05-2012, 08:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Most CHP Officers will NOT sign off a ticket for a zip tied LP on the front bumper. I did this for my sisters Lexus and went to 2 different CHP offices. Both said the same thing... "Zipties are not a permanent solution." I ended up buying the LP bracket from Lexus and mounted it. But you can always try your luck.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:33 PM

Zip ties aren't a permanent solution? Look under my car lol
Old 07-05-2012, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by bradskee
Zip ties aren't a permanent solution? Look under my car lol

Thanks for all your advice guys, I ended up getting the ticket signed off by a random CHP officer that I saw parked on the side of the road. I was in my father's Black Lexus ES350 which does have a front license and isn't tinted up front and the cop signed off the ticket saying the repairs were made. Awesome. lol. I guess he failed to fully read the ticket since it says that the violations were for a white Lexus IS250. I lol'd so hard when I left because he told me to roll up the front windows to make sure that the tint had been removed.

I'll be going to court tomorrow morning to pay the bill.

Thanks again guys,
- David.