San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Brain Damaged Sociopaths?

Old 12-30-2013, 09:01 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Brain Damaged Sociopaths?

Had an interesting and amusing encounter for the 3rd time this year and I have a question that follows:

While stopped at a light behind a P/U. This new EVO pulls along side and starts revving his engine ok? Light changes P/U moves I'm behind P/U EVO paces me as P/U pulls away now I know what the "little brain" in the EVO wants but I'm not taking the bait. He gets upset and pulls behind me riding my bumper. Fine. I signal, change lanes to let EVO boy have the left lane to himself he does the same staying about 3ft. of my bumper while doing 40 mph.

Im on a public street approaching an intersection and start slowing for the red light with EVO boy still on my bumper. The side street to my right is a residential area and low and behold a motor officer sees EVO boy on my ass. He flips on the lights and pulls the idiot over. The light changes and I proceed. There is a God! .... My question is this:

This has happened 3 times now this year twice with the WRX crowd and now the EVO. Is this some kind of new game with the Gen "Y" idiots driving these cars and have any of you experienced something similar while driving the S2000?

Thanks.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

News to me but then again it is not often I take out the S.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea. News to me as well. However, it does happen. All I can say is 'the best offense is the best defense'. Lol. Sorry. I had to do it. But in all seriousness, regardless of what happens, idiots are everywhere. And it does not help that fast cars are becoming more afforadable.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:46 PM

things like these happens all the time mind you i also drive an evo and have been irked by s2000s and or different cars as well.. so its not just the evo or the wrx or the other hondas.. it happens to all of us lets face it. I guess if you dont try to race them sooner or later they wont race you. Just be the bigger man and not race them.

Although sometimes when the conditions are "right" i give in and give them an a$$ whooping to make sure the next time they see me they never play again with me..
Old 01-05-2014, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by s2kx2
My question is this:

This has happened 3 times now this year twice with the WRX crowd and now the EVO. Is this some kind of new game with the Gen "Y" idiots driving these cars and have any of you experienced something similar while driving the S2000?
I stand in a strange divide here, I've been an s2k owner since 2008, but I also owned an EVO X for 2 years. As much as I liked my EVO I could never jive w/ that crowd. Many of them couldn't just be happy with their car, they always acted like they had something to prove. And I never understood it. My EVO was a fantastic car on the track and "smoked" my s2k. So I'm really not sure what there is to "prove" there. And I also happen to currently own an impreza, and yeah the WRX guys tend to be similar because they want STIs but... don't have them.

Just take it easy man, the S2K attracts all kinds of attention (good and bad), like this one time we drove through the mountains through pie town on new years day and we were the center of attention in the whole town. (Best group drive ever).

Good luck out there, stay safe.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:14 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Move to nor-cal. Doesn't seem to be a thing up here, even with us gen Y idiots.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for your candid and honest response, much appreciated.

Originally Posted by fesoferbex
Originally Posted by s2kx2' timestamp='1388426514' post='22943096
My question is this:

I stand in a strange divide here, I've been an s2k owner since 2008, but I also owned an EVO X for 2 years. As much as I liked my EVO I could never jive w/ that crowd. Many of them couldn't just be happy with their car, they always acted like they had something to prove. And I never understood it. My EVO was a fantastic car on the track and "smoked" my s2k. So I'm really not sure what there is to "prove" there. And I also happen to currently own an impreza, and yeah the WRX guys tend to be similar because they want STIs but... don't have them.

Just take it easy man, the S2K attracts all kinds of attention (good and bad), like this one time we drove through the mountains through pie town on new years day and we were the center of attention in the whole town. (Best group drive ever).

Good luck out there, stay safe.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:24 PM

those aren't sociopaths.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by lawl
those aren't sociopaths.
anyone who drives an import sports car is a sociopath

True Story.