San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Appearance in Court for ticket...

Old 01-13-2008, 09:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Appearance in Court for ticket...

So i got a speeding ticket almost 3 months ago and another ticket for no insurance (on my civic). i got insurance, so the ticket will be reduced....however the speeding ticket was written up for 45mph in a 30 zone....but the zone was a 35mph. i want to contest it in the court, but i'm not sure how to do that.

Do you just show up at the court and walk in? Or do you have to schedule a court appearance ahead of time? What number do I call?

i also got a paper in the mail saying I had to pay the fines ahead of time if i wanted to appear in court, and they would just reimburse me if the tickets were waived. Do i have to pay the fines up front no matter what?

Sorry for all the questions...hoping to get some help soon as my deadline is coming up this week
Old 01-13-2008, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you have to schedule a court appearance ahead of time and you can call the san diego superior court and they'll direct from there. what i would do is set a court date and postpone twice because i hear pigs are lazy.... and they wont show so the ticket will be waived.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:37 PM

i can postpone past my due date???
Old 01-13-2008, 10:41 PM

im pretty sure as long as you set a court date you can postpone i would call the superior court to make sure. but a couple of my friends have gotten out of jams by postponing their court dates multiple times. cops have better things to do then to settle a small ticket dispute especially if you keep on postponing. they would rather eat donuts
Old 01-13-2008, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Danielyhkim,Jan 13 2008, 11:41 PM
im pretty sure as long as you set a court date you can postpone i would call the superior court to make sure. but a couple of my friends have gotten out of jams by postponing their court dates multiple times. cops have better things to do then to settle a small ticket dispute especially if you keep on postponing. they would rather eat donuts
is superior court different from the local court? I have to show up at the Chula Vista one...also do i have to pay my ticket ahead of time?
Old 01-13-2008, 10:52 PM

the kearny mesa superior court is where i got all my information but if they are assigning you to chula vista just call that court and get some info. i dont know about paying the ticket or not for a court appearence i wasnt ballsy enough to set a court date hahaha
Old 01-13-2008, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Danielyhkim,Jan 13 2008, 11:52 PM
the kearny mesa superior court is where i got all my information but if they are assigning you to chula vista just call that court and get some info. i dont know about paying the ticket or not for a court appearence i wasnt ballsy enough to set a court date hahaha
hahahaa....my tickets add up to $1,000...so i'd want to get any of that reduced if possible. antyhign I get reimburst on for these tickets...i'll probably put towards the car haaha.a.....
Old 01-13-2008, 11:02 PM

whoa.... 1k haha dude thats so much i would definitly contest in court but if you can postpone it so it gets waived
Old 01-14-2008, 12:36 PM

As far as I know all tickets must be paid up front before fighting, contesting, etc

If you don't pay, they won't give you the right to argue

And if they are late, you can be sure there will be penalties on top of that, I would call the local court to confirm
Old 01-14-2008, 09:10 PM

Called the Chula Vista Superior court:

1) I do not need to pay ahead of time.
2) I do not need to schedule...all court appearances are walk ins.
3) They offered to give me a 30-day extension with no penalties...of course I said yes

This all from the clerk's mouth

Quick Reply: Appearance in Court for ticket...