San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Anyone have Honda Warranty hookup?

Old 01-25-2010, 01:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone have Honda Warranty hookup?

I'm currently outside of my 36k, 3 year warranty (@ 39k almost). However, I need my alternator regulator replaced (the dash lights are flickering @ idle). I've heard that some dealerships are lax on the warranty miles and will still give it to you if you're not out by that much.

Anyone know or work at a dealership that would do this for me?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2010, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i replaced mine when i had my ap2.. it flickered at 9k miles.. but i bought one from another member for cheap and justin replaced it for me
Old 01-25-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by dewey,Jan 25 2010, 02:59 PM
i replaced mine when i had my ap2.. it flickered at 9k miles.. but i bought one from another member for cheap and justin replaced it for me
yeah i have a friend that got his replaced under warranty...that would be the more straightforward route if I can go that way.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:25 PM

Talk to Pete in service at Poway Honda. No guarantee but ask him if he'll be willing to help you out. He's been awesome whenever I needed to bring my car in. Make sure to tell him I sent you..

Your mileage isn't that far over, they should be willing to help you. Want me to give Pete a heads up?
Old 01-25-2010, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by alpha318,Jan 25 2010, 03:25 PM
Talk to Pete in service at Poway Honda. No guarantee but ask him if he'll be willing to help you out. He's been awesome whenever I needed to bring my car in. Make sure to tell him I sent you..

Your mileage isn't that far over, they should be willing to help you. Want me to give Pete a heads up?
yeah that'd be cool man. I probably wont' get this done til next week tho. It's gonna be raining all week this week, then we have the track on Saturday. Car will be busy
Old 01-25-2010, 02:41 PM

ok, cool.. let me know when you plan to call him to try and schedule something.. I'll give him a heads up before you do that..
Old 01-25-2010, 02:49 PM

poway is actually really good.. they replaced my abs line free
Old 01-25-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by nichigo,Jan 25 2010, 02:10 PM
I'm currently outside of my 36k, 3 year warranty (@ 39k almost). However, I need my alternator regulator replaced (the dash lights are flickering @ idle). I've heard that some dealerships are lax on the warranty miles and will still give it to you if you're not out by that much.

Anyone know or work at a dealership that would do this for me?

Thanks!
what baller ASM king didn't buy extended waranty just messin with ya. I'll go ask my friend at mission valley honda. Don't know if they'll do it, don't think a dealer would take their time to fix a non warranty car anymore when they can actually make money off you or someone else. i'll get back to you
Old 01-25-2010, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by SD_FLIP,Jan 25 2010, 06:44 PM
what baller ASM king didn't buy extended waranty just messin with ya. I'll go ask my friend at mission valley honda. Don't know if they'll do it, don't think a dealer would take their time to fix a non warranty car anymore when they can actually make money off you or someone else. i'll get back to you
Haha thanks. I doubt they'll want to do it though. I bought my car from mission and had them service the car the first year. Then i lowered my car and said they couldn't service it anymore cuz it won't make it up the rack

PS: I wasn't baller when I bought the car lol...I was still in college and hoping i'd get a job after I graduated so I could make the payments
Old 01-26-2010, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by nichigo,Jan 25 2010, 06:49 PM
PS: I wasn't baller when I bought the car lol...I was still in college and hoping i'd get a job after I graduated so I could make the payments
wow even more ballin, while in college, must be nice!! yeah no bueno from mission valley i'm a try my friend from hohen honda

Quick Reply: Anyone have Honda Warranty hookup?