S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zymol does it again

Old 08-30-2005, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zymol does it again

Well, like the title says . . . Zymol has done it again. Their products were yet again used on the Best in Show Winner and multiple other top finishing cars at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. If Zymol is good enough for these guys . . . I guess it's good enough for me too!

Zymol Pebble Beach Winners
Old 08-30-2005, 08:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

beautiful car!

now they just need to figure out how to get the top off!
Old 08-30-2005, 08:42 PM

Back in the Spring I went to Speed, Style, and Beauty: Cars from the Ralph Lauren Collection which was an exibition at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. As part of the exibition, on display (you can see it in the link above) was the Bugatti Atlantique owned by Ralph Lauren. This car won Best in Show at Pebble Beach in 1990 and was the inspiration for Zymol's Atlantique Estate Glaze. It was one of the most aesthetically pleasing cars I have ever seen and was truly a work of art.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kudos to the old school
Old 08-31-2005, 07:14 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Aug 30 2005, 08:06 PM
If Zymol is good enough for these guys . . . I guess it's good enough for me too!
I'm sure theres no prep work involved and the Zymol waxes are alone credited for this "win"

The upper end Zymol waxes are strictly designed for show cars. They are LOADED with all sorts of fancy oils. These oils make the paint look very wet after all the polishing and glazing that has happened. I've used a few of these waxes and I love the feel and look of them. To keep your car looking like that however you have to re-apply once a week and never drive it. Not real practical stuff.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Aug 30 2005, 11:42 PM
Back in the Spring I went to Speed, Style, and Beauty: Cars from the Ralph Lauren Collection which was an exibition at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. As part of the exibition, on display (you can see it in the link above) was the Bugatti Atlantique owned by Ralph Lauren. This car won Best in Show at Pebble Beach in 1990 and was the inspiration for Zymol's Atlantique Estate Glaze. It was one of the most aesthetically pleasing cars I have ever seen and was truly a work of art.
$823 for wax!!!!

....and I though I was anal about what kind of wax I use.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=Ubetit,Aug 31 2005, 07:14 AM] I'm sure theres no prep work involved and the Zymol waxes are alone credited for this "win"
Old 09-09-2005, 09:06 AM

I have been using Zymol for the last few months and I love it. I find myself using it 2x a month. Is that too much or not enough. Also how many coats do you guys put on your car? Thanks.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Blue_S2,Sep 9 2005, 09:06 AM
I have been using Zymol for the last few months and I love it. I find myself using it 2x a month. Is that too much or not enough. Also how many coats do you guys put on your car? Thanks.
I couldn't say how many times is too many for you to be using Zymol. However, I would lean toward saying twice a month is probably overkill. The frequency of application really depends on the environment you live in. I use Zymol once every couple of months, wash every week, and use HD-cleanse & clay about twice a year. I live in New England which I consider one of the more harsh environments for a car due to the extremes in heat and cold which can occur along with the use of road salt in the winter.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:22 PM

OK. Here's a picture of my car after a recent Zymol application. I think the paint is pretty reflective and the shine is deep.

Also, this is my nephew. He's two and he already can't wait to get his own S.

Quick Reply: Zymol does it again