S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zaino is worth the work

Old 03-20-2002, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by PAS2KNut
Absolutely cut the edges off the towel.
What is the best way to do this? Won't the towel unravel?
Old 03-20-2002, 10:43 AM

the best way is to take it to someone who has a serger machine (like someone who does embroidery) and have them do the job of cutting and re-sewing the ends over with 100% cotton thread.

failing that - cut the edges off and try to sew it ureself with 100% cotton thread

and failing that - cut the edges and live with the frizzled ends . .

and lastly - I know a zaino distributor on Tenn who does all that for you and will ship the towels to you . . . pretty reasonable prices also - he uses only Royal Velvet or Charisma (the thicker version) from Cannon Fieldcrest
Old 03-22-2002, 11:10 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Homer2
[B]I know a zaino distributor on Tenn who does all that for you and will ship the towels to you . . .
Old 03-22-2002, 01:57 PM

After reading so many posts extolling the virtures of Zaino, I ordered the whole shebang, and it all came in today. Quite a fast response to my order.

It seems like quite a job to do it all, and to do it correctly. I think that I've spent less time masking, priming, and painting cars in the past.

It appears to be wash, wipe, clay, wipe, wash, wipe, wax, wipe, spray, wax, wipe, spray, etc.

I can't help but wonder if you gave a car so many applications of "I can't believe it's not butter" if it might look as good!

On the serious side, I did not order the Z-7, and they suggest using that as a lubricant for the clay bar. Would any car wash solution diluted serve as well?:)
Old 03-22-2002, 02:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TBrandon
[B]
It seems like quite a job to do it all, and to do it correctly.
Old 03-22-2002, 02:12 PM

A tip of the cap to all you Zaino people,anyone willing to put in that much time to wax(or should I say condition) a car have all my respect.I just can't see myself spending an entire weekend waxing my car.I want a clean car just as much as the next guy but I want it done in a few hours not a few days.
Old 03-24-2002, 09:00 AM

Ok - first - the towel info.
kevin can be contacted at : koverall@cddn.com
please be kind and mention Homer2 sent you . . . thanks.

Now - as for all the work?

Any start-up to a new system can be that extensive. The beauty is that once you have done it - the rest of the year is simply - wash and dry. You can add another layer after you dry - and it might take you one hour total extra time to apply, let dry and wipe off. Thats it.

All those extra steps are not regular steps.

You should re-wash the car after you clay it - to remove any residue, dried on lubricant etc . .. then dry - and apply.

Once you have a couple of layers on top coat polish on - to maintain it all summer - just wash with Zaino wash. if you wannt avoid washing - get the detail spray and a california duster. Just dust the car - 5 minutes, and spray and wipe the gloss spray - maybe 10 minutes. Looks like you just waxed.

it just sound slike detailed extensive steps . . .

if you wanna see how simple it can be (once you know how to do it) I would gladly send you a user guide i made up for first timers . . . easy to read, easy to do.
Just shoot me an email asking for the guide and Il reply with it - and there wont be any more mail after that. I wont send you junk or spam for sales . . .

Dennis