S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zaino vs. Meguiar's Smackdown! Weekend - It's a Tie...

Old 07-15-2002, 03:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by stenoslave

You have just won a brand new ........
brand new what? gimme gimme gimme

Have a good one and thanks for the input. I already have the order form for zainos printed off!
Old 07-15-2002, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you e-mail Sal Zaino sal@zainobros.com to see if there's a distributor in the Jacksonville area? I know there's one north of Miami and may be one in Tampa, but don't know of one in Jacksonville offhand.
Old 07-15-2002, 03:57 PM

Nope, didn't do that but I will check. Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-15-2002, 04:36 PM

Does Zaino attract dust more than natural wax? This guy seems to think so... One side is Malm's wax while the (dusty) side is Zaino. It looked like that after a drive on a dusty road. Comments?

http://forums.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e46m3...d=536765&page=1

Stan
Old 07-15-2002, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by stenoslave

Clay is nonabrasive.
Not true. Ask any professional detailer.
Old 07-15-2002, 04:44 PM

Originally posted by TimTheFoolMan
After the first time (when I put on 3 consecutive coats of Zaino), it's no slower than waxing the car. I don't get how someone can suggest that *any* wax is faster than Zaino after you get past the initial application. The stuff is much tougher than any wax, and lasts longer, particularly under a hot sun.

Go with what you know and what you're comfortable with, but I can't imagine someone being able to wash and wax their car 10 times faster than I can wash mine 10 times and apply one more coat of Zaino, over the course of 10 weeks. (That's roughly the ratio that a buddy and I have hit, given that we drive our cars about as much, and are just as anal about keeping them clean.)
I agree. Using Zaino doesn't mean that you have to follow every recommended step. It's perfectly fine to simply wash, clay and then Zaino polish. There's no reason why this is any slower than any other polish/wax. In fact, this is all that I do and the results are fantastic. Actually, I would argue that Zaino is faster because it is much easier to remove, especially on black plastic/rubber.

I think that shine quality between different waxes/polishes is tough to gauge (they all look the same to me when clean!). However, durability is not. I think that most people find Zaino to last the longest of all the major brands, I know I do. That's the main reason I use Zaino.
Old 07-15-2002, 05:10 PM

Just got a response back. No dealer in the area. I've printed off the form and all of the application tips, etc. Sounds like about a $100 order. Might as well do it right.

Anybody recommend any particular "towels" for buffing the car back out plus for drying?
Old 07-17-2002, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my typical day it is hard to find the time to completely detail the paint on my car.
I've heard of waxing one panel at a time, and then a different panel the next day. Are there any cons to this?

I am going to pick up some Meguier's Gold Class wax today. I have been meaning to try it since I saw the Commercial. Now I am convinced (nvrquit4). Now that is a great looking car.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Incubus
[B]In my typical day it is hard to find the time to completely detail the paint on my car.
I've heard of waxing one panel at a time, and then a different panel the next day.
Old 07-17-2002, 03:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nvrquit4
[B]Just got a response back.

Quick Reply: Zaino vs. Meguiar's Smackdown! Weekend - It's a Tie...