S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zaino vs. Meguiar's Smackdown! Weekend - It's a Tie...

Old 07-07-2002, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nvrquit4
[B]Vince,
Old 07-08-2002, 05:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by VinceD

Yours was (is) one of the best pics I've seen so far. Someone took pics of their Zaino'd Spa Yeller that was out of this world, too. I forget who, tho. I think he was a fireman. But you caught just the right angles with the light shading, too, especially with the top pic.

Anyway, nothing worse than humidity in Florida. You can always take a drive - top down - to cool off!

By the way, what kinda wheels/tires you got? They look like slightly fatter than the stock 02's...
Tops down as often as possible. Even at 4:30 this morning on the way to the gym. Usually stays up during the day though. Can't look too wind blown for meetings. On the way home...different story.

My wheels are 17x7s front, 17x8s back. ADR Kasai's with Kumho tires. Had a lot of head turns with these puppies. Just bought them late January but want to get rid of and step up to 18's. I paid just under $1,900 for the whole set (tires, rims, lugs). Any interest?

Thanks again for the compliments. I may still try Zaino sometime soon. If it's a tad better it'll be worth the $. Nothing too good for the Honda.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:45 AM

Here is Zaino on my black car. I think it looks pretty ok.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nin009
[B]Here is Zaino on my black car.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:20 PM

So if I'm reading all this correctly, it is recommended that you use a clay bar before each time you wax your car? Which would you recommend that I could pick up at a local Pep Boys or something?

Thanks.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:47 PM

Is it safe to use a claybar that often?
Has anybody heard about the s2k paint being "wet?" Supposedly it's something "special" and is not easily matched. It was compared to Ferrari paint by one guy. I LOVE my car but I find this hard to believe. Any input?
Old 07-11-2002, 05:04 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

MrMack,

I think it's overkill to clay each time. It depends how long you've gone since your last treatment. With Zaino, the guys usually suggest starting from scratch (clay, Z1...) if you've gone over 6 months without a treatment. Anyway, this is strictly heresay on my part, but that's what I've been told. (haven't had my car long enough to judge).

nvrquit,

From what I can tell, it's "safe" to clay any time you want, but unnecessary unless the polish has deteriorated. Maybe I misunderstood this from the Zaino literature, but clay is non-abrasive and will not hurt your finish. That said, I don't intend to clay again any time soon. I'm sure Duane will chime in here soon with confirmation.

Your car is so rad anyway, nvr, that whatever you do---keep doing it!

Later!
Old 07-11-2002, 05:09 PM

Chasmo,

Thanks for the compliments on the car. I guess the car really does look good but I'm picky. I can see what I think are millions of hairline scratches in the "wrong" light. However, a good wash and tlc they seem to dissappear until the wax, polish whatever starts to wear off. I'm using Meguiars but I'm really tempted to try the Zaino. It seems like it may have considerably more protective powers and may make my car look even more glassy.

Still curious about the paint job though.
Old 07-14-2002, 07:51 PM

I just finished using Zymol, and was my first time after using Meguiar's Gold Class for several applications. I really didn't even feel a layer going on, but when I looked from a distance, the car shined like never before... way way way more shine than the Meguiar's I was using.
Old 07-15-2002, 04:37 AM

Great! Now we have a 3-way going: Meguiars, Zaino, and Zymol!!!! What to use, what to use. I'm still thinking of trying Zaino but maybe the next step should be Zymol. Over all happy with the meguiars but it doesn't last long. I noticed I was in need of some more attention yesterday but no time to reapply. I just did all of this 2-3 weeks ago. The car stays garaged for #@$# sakes!!! Zymol or Zaino??? What would you do?

Quick Reply: Zaino vs. Meguiar's Smackdown! Weekend - It's a Tie...