S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zaino & Streaks

Old 05-22-2002, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the Zaino Web site:

"Squirt a dime size dab of polish on your applicator and rub it into your paint using circular hand motions. Then, go over the same area using a straight back and forth motion on top panels and an up and down motion on side panels. Allow the polish to haze over (20 minutes is sufficient). "
Old 05-22-2002, 12:34 PM

I think the smearing you saw definately is related to the drying time, and amount of product used. My first coat of Zaino Z-5 on my M3, then my S2000 both smeared like crazy. Once you wash the car and apply a coat of Z-2 you will be much happier with the results.

prwhite
Old 05-27-2002, 08:13 PM

Well, this weekend I had a chance to wash and put my 3rd coat of Zaino on today (Z2). Recall that last weekend I put one coat of Z5 and one of Z2. Well after the wash, the extra Z2 coat, and a Z6 once-over, the streaks that I was plagued w/last week are pretty much gone. More-over I am so stunned by how drippy-wet and super glossy the car is now!! If you stare long enough at the finish though, you can still see a tiny bit of the old streaks from before.... but actually b/c the surface is soooo reflective, the chances are high that you'll go blind from the sunlight before noticing a streak or two But anyway, like I said, the streaks are almost non-existant now, and I expect them to be totally gone by the next application. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys who replied with your suggestions!

Oh and I did want to mention one other thing. As my fiance and I were washing to car we couldn't help but notice how absolutely SLICK the car's surface was. In fact it was so much like Icecapades that after drying the hood, I pulled out another towel and set it down for a second... only to have it float right off of the hood and straight into an old oil stain on the ground (DOH!) Other than that, drying and washing was so much fun b/c it was so QUICK! I am officially now an absolute die-hard Zaino fan!

Old 05-28-2002, 06:11 AM

welcome to the "bright side"

i also experienced the slide factor last weekend - just washed and dried - then Z6'd the car - i was so impressed that i wanted to take a few pictures and finish up a roll (old fashioned kinda guy) -

i placed three zaino products on my hood - and went to do the fourth - the first two slid off - i couldnt keep three on the relatively gently sloped hood on my SSEi . . . i did manage to get the shot - and when i get them digitized - ill be sure to post them - you could read the labels in the black paint . . .