S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zaino runner-up

Old 04-25-2003, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino runner-up

Outside of Zaino, which polish/wax system has given the best results for most of you? Which compares most favorably to the Zaino products?
Old 04-25-2003, 07:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

without a doubt in my mind- finish first...
i used finish first when i got my car- at the s2000 meets my car was always photographed, and my favorite photo is "wanabe's well zainoed car"- except that it was not zaino, it was finish first.
i think that boiler still uses finish first.

i also like using p21s over (on top of) zaino... but i think it works best over finish first.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:51 AM

wanabe, Thanks, where can I get finish first?
Old 04-25-2003, 02:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think that this link should work:

http://detailguru.com/finfirpolpro.html

any problems or questions, the owner of the site (ken) is a great guy and has always been very helpful to me in the past.
Old 04-25-2003, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Sbeall
wanabe, Thanks, where can I get finish first?
As wanabe mentioned, I'm using Finish First on my car. I figured that if it was good enough for the Ferrari owners, it was good enough for me. It doesn't rank as high as Zaino in the tests from the wax gurus, but I have been more than pleased with the results. I feel certain that I can put my car next to a car that has been treated with Zaino and you will either not be able to tell the difference, or you will prefer the finish on mine. I say this, because at our local get togethers, this has been the case when the cars were lined up, side by side. Mine stands out. I'm not bragging, just trying to report what I have seen with my own two eyes, firsthand.

I like to put a carnauba wax on top of the synthetic base and as far as I'm concerned, that makes all the difference. It not only looks much better, but the finish is now much harder to scratch, as well. I have been using a P21S product that is sold at your local Harley dealers called S100. Excellent product and it lasts about 4 to 6 weeks. It goes on and off so easily, it is a real joy to use.

Here is a link to the place that I buy mine: Auto-ease

What ever you decide to use, enjoy your sparkling clean car,
Bob
Old 04-26-2003, 03:17 PM
Former Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

What about zymol. Have you seen the price of their high end wax/glazes. Yikes
Old 04-26-2003, 03:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HondaGal
[B]What about zymol.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:24 PM

Believe this or not but before, I used not a wax but a paint sealant by Prolong. I bought a $50 kit with the paint sealant, glass cleaner, protectant, waterless wash, applicators, etc. Worked great for my Eclipse for 2 years. I am not sure if still sold today but that's the only one I'd recommend as used...
Old 04-26-2003, 08:50 PM

Originally posted by boiler

I like to put a carnauba wax on top of the synthetic base and as far as I'm concerned, that makes all the difference. It not only looks much better, but the finish is now much harder to scratch, as well. I have been using a P21S product that is sold at your local Harley dealers called S100. Excellent product and it lasts about 4 to 6 weeks. It goes on and off so easily, it is a real joy to use.

One thing I dislike about Zaino is the fact that you can not put a wax over their polish. Does Finish First last 6-9 months as claimed? Zaino claims their polish only last 3 months even though It still seems to hold up well for me even after 3 months.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2000guy
[B]

One thing I dislike about Zaino is the fact that you can not put a wax over their polish.

Quick Reply: Zaino runner-up