S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zaino Products

Old 05-15-2007, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino Products

As we all know that us wash and wax wackos love to try new products all the time till we find the one were looking for so here i am looking for the one
Well anyways I have always heard good stuff about Zaino Products but never tried them until now i placed an order on the Zaino store and purchase Zaino 9 soft leather cleaner & Zaino 10 Leather in a bottle Once i tried it I felt in love....
SO i want to give Zaino a try on its other products but i would like to know your experience with Zaino...

What Zaino Product did you use?

How did you apply it by hand/pc/other ?

What color was the vehicle that you applied Zaino?

Once you used Zaino did you keep using it?

Ps: My vehicle is in the body shop right now so i would like to get some goodies for her when she comes back home
Thanks
Old 05-15-2007, 11:40 AM

I used Z18 claybar Z7 the wash Z5 the light swirl remover Z2 pro the "wax" and ZPC the heavy swirl remover and Z6 polish (i think its the polish) not in that order.

I used all of the products by hand with the exception of the ZPC which was done with a PC and all turned out great. I used them on a 02 Spa Yellow and it made a world of difference. I was a meguires man before but even after waxing the reflection wasnt quite what i was hoping for. After a full detail with Zaino i can still see the cars in front of me in the hood after days of sitting outside.

Zaino FTW!
Old 05-15-2007, 05:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

have used z2 since it first was released...
still like the z1/z2 very old fashioned method- and also am pretty much alone in liking to apply and remove with the pc

the pc allows me to apply a very fine coat-
i also top my z2 with p21s

have tried the rest of the zaino line, but pretty much prefer other products over the rest... but z2 is on my car for a reason (it is my fav protectant)
Old 05-15-2007, 05:09 PM

I have been using Zaino since I first bought my S2000. You won't be disappointed. This year will be my last year with Zaino. I just bought a boat load of detailing products called Duragloss. Just as good if not better than Zaino and more economical.

http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss.html

Good luck. Post some pictures when you are done.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:20 PM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Eight years ago I used zaino stuff exclusively on a then new Milano red Civic Si. I don't recall exactly what but it involved a claybar job (actually that was done with a Mothers clay bar) followed by a polish. I finished it off with a glaze. There was also some sort of bonding agent involved...you zainoids can probably fill in the blanks.

Point is, the shine was so good when you stared at the hood your eyes would lose track of the surface. You litterally lost all depth perception. Your nose could be 6" from the hood or 2' and you couldn't tell. Of course reflectivity was like a tinted mirror.

This made such an impression on my then teenaged son that he recently finished his black SRT4 with zaino products. Never has a neon looked better. BTW, it is a scarey-fast srt4.

The s2k is the first car I have had since that had a finish nice enough to use zaino on.

Bonus for the garage impaired...you can apply most or all the zaino products in direct sunlight.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:38 AM

is z5 a filler like glaze?

Anyways i placed an order with zaino... I haven't even polished my car yet or used all my other products and im buying more stuff i just have the itch that i need to have zaino products i think i have a problem lol

Z-9 Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner
Z-10 Z-10 Leather in a Bottle
Z-AIO Z-AIO All-in-one
Z-PC Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover
Z-2 Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
Z-6 Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
Z-7 Z-7 Show Car Wash
Z-5 Z-5 PRO Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches
Z-14 Z-14 Plastic Magic Cleaner & Polish
Old 05-16-2007, 09:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm buying another zaino set soon because my first seat's just about used up (1 year).

Awesome stuff. It's so smooth that when I went to the track and tried to put blue tape on my car, it wouldn't stick!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:09 AM

I fought trying Zaino for a long time as I assumed it was all hype. I can honestly say I was wrong. I use it on all of my daily drivers now. For the light cars I use the Z2 Pro and Z5 Pro on the darker cars. Lately I have found that ZPC is a great polish that can be used for a variety of tasks by changing your pad type. For newer cars, I have found that the new ZAIO is WONDERFUL. While it does not offer much in terms of correction, it does remove light hazing and leaves a sealed surface, although I typically add a layer or two of sealant on top of that. ZAIO is also WONDERFUL on wheels.

I have limited experience with the new ZCS but have honestly not been too impressed.

For my garage queens where sealant longevity is not key, I use Poorboy's Natty's Blue, EX and EX-P or Souveran due to the incredibly warm look they leave.

-GT
Old 05-17-2007, 07:39 AM

I've been using the whole zaino line on my s2k and couldn't be happier. Over the course of a summer I usually put 10-15 coats on the car and the finish looks great.

I'm almost out of supplies so I'll be buying more and at some point I need to get a PC and get some of the scratches and dings that have appeared in the car.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:21 PM

the amazing part about Zaino is ... I use my S2K as a DD, and I can wash my war with Z7 (their car wash) or take it through an auto wash ... and after done ... it still looks like the day (well, two days) I detailed it SIX MONTHS AGO!

ZFX
Z2
Z5
Z6
Z7
Z9
Z10
Z18

I have not tried the ZCS or the ZAIO, personally, I think they are starting to take the same stuff and label it in different bottles to sell more, i stick to the originals.

Oh yeah, and the Z9 and Z10 .... its like your seats smell new

Quick Reply: Zaino Products