S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zaino: the Millie-Vanilli of car care products

Old 05-20-2002, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, moving the towel back and forth will still put swirls in the paint; however, they are MUCH less noticeable. Check out your finish under a fluorescent light one night, and you'll see. You just can't avoid putting some kind of impression the paint.
Old 05-20-2002, 12:34 PM
pfb

Originally posted by ToyBoy
...The Z2 goes on badly, dries to an impenetrable mud-like consistency, and needs far too much effort to remove. The resulting finish is only fair....
RTFM.
Old 06-11-2002, 02:27 PM

toy!

spend some real money and buy zymol concourse! it is the dogs bollox to put on and to look at. nothing compares in my view.

jc
Old 06-11-2002, 07:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

May I suggest www.autopia-carport.com for Zaino tips? Also, on a tiny car like the S2000 3 coats are VERY doable with one ounce of Z2/Z5 + ZFX. Another tip, I've always found that with the first application of Zaino to a vehicle, the shine will improve by leaps and bounds after the first wash with Z7.

-V
Old 06-13-2002, 05:32 AM

I dont really blame toyboy for his post. I ordered Zaino when i first purchased my s2000 and after i finally got around to doing it i had my doubts after seeing the results. The shine just didnt seem equal to the amount of hours spend on applying it. At first i thought it was b/c my car was yellow and you just couldnt see the shine as well as in a black s2000. But toyboy, stick with it...i promise you after applying more coats, you WILL SEE and FEEL a difference in your paint.
I had trouble with the phrase "use as little as possible" .....how little is a little? And the amount some the members were claiming that they used seemed ridiculous to me. I would be only 1/2 through and thinking there's no way.....its been A WHILE since i've zainoed and i really want to, but its just setting all that time aside b/c if you start from claybar, it takes like 6 -7 hours....
ANYWAYS TOYBOY, just stick with it and you will be pleased...everything has its ups and downs.
Can someone tell me still how much z1/z2 we should be applying? i usually put about 3 to 4 dots on the applicator. and repeat that when i cant see the streaks goin on the paint anymore. But thats way more than one 1 ounce even i think.
Old 06-13-2002, 05:58 AM

Is Zaino available at any retail locations or must I order from the Website, which products are required?

Here is my current understanding of what I should get:
1) Clay Bar]
2) ZFX
3) Z5
4) Z6

Thanks,
Old 06-13-2002, 06:05 AM

TonyJ:

"I had trouble with the phrase "use as little as possible" .....how little is a little? And the amount some the members were claiming that they used seemed ridiculous to me. I would be only 1/2 through and thinking there's no way.....its been A WHILE since i've zainoed and i really want to, but its just setting all that time aside b/c if you start from claybar, it takes like 6 -7 hours..."

I use ZFX, making the process a 1-step application, and will guarantee that I can get a coat of polish on an S2K using 1/4oz of polish. The preparation time you spent the first time, claying, would be little different than the time spent with any other product. If you want optimum results, no matter whose product you are using, prep the surface by getting it absolutely clean before applying that product. How often you clay is up to you. It should certainly be a consideration the first time around. Some people choose to lightly clay their cars once a year after that, but you certainly don't need to do it each time you plan to apply polish.

Z-1 only needs to be used every 6 months on a daily driver, and once a year or every 10 coats polish on a garage queen. Z-2/Z-5 can be applied any time you like, and shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes to apply. Remember to slightly moisten the applicator when using Z-2/Z-5...Z-6 preferred, water OK.

Hope this is helpful for you.

OUTER BANKS RUN SPONSOR

Steve Treece
Authorized Distributor for Zaino Bros'
Charlotte, NC
Email: cashine@juno.com
Old 06-13-2002, 06:18 AM

Originally posted by bboersma
Is Zaino available at any retail locations or must I order from the Website, which products are required?

Here is my current understanding of what I should get:
1) Clay Bar]
2) ZFX
3) Z5
4) Z6

Thanks,
Zaino is not available at retail locations. There is most likely a distributor in your area, just Email Sal: sal@zainobros.com, and ask for the contact info.

From your proposed order, I presume your car is black or dark colored since you only listed Z-5. You might want to consider the Z-7 Car Wash, too. The Zaino polishes, Z-6, and Z-7 all have a UV blocker, so every time you use these you are applying protection to your finish. Z-7 also contains polish.

OUTER BANKS RUN SPONSOR

Steve Treece
Authorized Distributor for Zaino Bros'
Charlotte, NC
Email: cashine@juno.com
Old 06-13-2002, 06:20 AM

Yes, but does it make your car any faster?
Old 06-13-2002, 06:21 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TonyJ
[B]I had trouble with the phrase "use as little as possible"

Quick Reply: Zaino: the Millie-Vanilli of car care products