S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zaino isn't good for Sh^^!

Old 07-15-2002, 07:08 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep - you heard me, "Zaino isn't good for sh^^" - bird sh^^ just will not stick to it.

Everyone has their fav wash and wax products. On my 95 GSR I used Mothers, on my ITR and 99 SuperSonic Blue GSR I used Meguires - all seemed to work well, look spectacular, etc....

This is a tale of two cars (99 GSR and black MY2002 S2000) and two waxes.

On the 99 GSR I waxed every 2 weeks (some call it over-kill) with the Meguires. One hot (110 degree - Phoenix) summer day - I came out from my office to find bird sh^^ all over the hood. By the time I got home and washed it off (took more than just water pressure) - I could easily see that the heat, sh^^, and what ever else the bird consumed had all partnered up to etch a couple of nice 2" diameter spots on my hood. No amount of wax, swirl mark remover, whatever - was able to fully remove the spots. I even brought it to a body shop and they said it would have to be sanded out and repainted to get rid of the dull blemish that the acid in the bird sh^^ left.

After buying the S2K and reading all the threads on Zaino, I decided to try it out. The first application was, IMHO, quite laborious. The second application was no more work than any other wax I had used, perhaps even easier than some.

Well it is summer again - I was visiting some friends and parked the car in their driveway as we took off for a weekend in Mexico to go diving. Upon our return - I was shocked to find that my black car was covered with bird sh^^ not to mention sitting out in the Arizona sun for 2 days.

I was certain that what happened to my GSR was going to happen to my S2000. I immediately pulled out my friends garden hose just hoping that I could get it off - so I would not be both miserable and embarrassed on my drive home. To my amazement - the sh^^ just slid off the paint. As I was cleaning, I was further amazed to see that the sh^^ had actually appeared to have beaded up where it lay on the paint.

So perhaps I just got hit with some very aggressive bird sh^^ that ruined my GSR paint. However, the fact that 6 weeks after my last application of Zaino, bird sh^^ just sprayed right off after cooking for 2 days in the Arizona sun and the car looked spectacular - I am a convert.

So you see - Zaino is not good at all for sh^^
Old 07-15-2002, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WLAURENT
[B]Yep - you heard me, "Zaino isn't good for sh^^" - bird sh^^ just will not stick to it.

Everyone has their fav wash and wax products. On my 95 GSR I used Mothers, on my ITR and 99 SuperSonic Blue GSR I used Meguires - all seemed to work well, look spectacular, etc....
Old 07-16-2002, 09:27 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I love the "Hook" of a thread title. I read and just laughed. Yes, it just comes right off. I park as far away from other cars as I can. Sometimes this mean the roof, and those pigeon are murder.