S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zaino FAQ

Old 08-12-2006, 03:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am surprised that you do not list my main source for Zaino products.

http://www.zainostore.com/

I also noticed that someone claimed that Dawn will strip Zaino. NOT TRUE! Zaino is a polymer that is not affected by Dawn.

You do not use wax with Zaino. Zaino replaces wax.

The clay bar removes contaminants that are inbeded in the paint. You can actually hear and feel the contaminants being removed when you use the clay bar. You will know when it is clean by the way the bar moves smoothly across the surface.

Article about claying a car:

http://www.panteraplace.com/page90.htm

I finally found a copy of the wax comparison that used to be on the NSX site.

http://www.ffcobra.com/magazine/waxtest.html
Old 09-01-2006, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK this might sound like a stupid question to most of you but I've never used a clay bar before. After I clay my car the Zaino page says to wipe the clay residue off and buff to a nice luster. My question is what do you buff it with besides the towel? Do you just use the towel or do you use some sort of wax or what? Please take it easy on me I've never used this stuff before.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by racin_guy21,Sep 1 2006, 10:29 AM
OK this might sound like a stupid question to most of you but I've never used a clay bar before. After I clay my car the Zaino page says to wipe the clay residue off and buff to a nice luster. My question is what do you buff it with besides the towel? Do you just use the towel or do you use some sort of wax or what? Please take it easy on me I've never used this stuff before.
good question...

usually you can just buff it off with a good microfiber towel. this is sometimes easier with some detailers spray.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:09 AM

Thanks, I wasn't real sure so I figured I'd ask before I possibly messed up my paint
Old 09-06-2006, 07:10 AM

I just ordered the Zaino show car kit. This thread was really helpful and answered all my questions I had about how to use these products. Can't wait to get started!
Old 09-15-2006, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait how are you suppose to know when Z5/Z2 + ZFX dries?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by racin_guy21,Sep 1 2006, 10:29 AM
After I clay my car the Zaino page says to wipe the clay residue off and buff to a nice luster. My question is what do you buff it with besides the towel? Do you just use the towel or do you use some sort of wax or what? Please take it easy on me I've never used this stuff before.
I always just re-wash the car after claying to remove any residue left by the clay, plus I'd guess there could be contaminents left floating around in whatever clay lube is left on the car. Oh..and I'd use your regular car wash soap or ideally Z7, don't use the dawn again, if you used that for the initial wash.

Originally Posted by xdavieexx
wait how are you suppose to know when Z5/Z2 + ZFX dries?
I believe the Zaino instructions say to just swipe your finger. If it smears it's still wet, and if it leaves a clean wipe mark it's dry.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:52 PM

once I did the zaino wax system on my cars, and threw down a couple coats of z6 and z8, my paint is so slick that dirt and bugs come off when I rinse the car. Washing is almost a formality.
z6 and z8 are by far the best gloss enhancer and spray seal I have tried. I love it!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:15 PM

Hmmm....so are you people saying that the Zaino process is BETTER than your traditional polish,wax, sealants?!? I gotta look into this a bit more, I was going to have my car done professional(scared to detail my own, its 07 Berlina) But as I read more and more on the W&W forums I want to do my own car more and more....I just hope I dont mess anything up!
Old 09-27-2008, 01:15 AM

sorry to bring a topic back from the dead but is Zaino still a recommended product? Is it still better then using traditional waxes and polishes?

Quick Reply: Zaino FAQ