S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zaino - Couldn't Be Happier

Old 05-06-2009, 08:33 AM
PDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino - Couldn't Be Happier

Just a quick shout out for Zaino. A little background; I have used many, many products and have always had good results. However, I recently purchased a bb S2000 that suffered from horrendous water spotting on the hood.

I used Swirl X applied by hand, then 3M hand glaze, and finally carnuba. Although the results were good, the finish was very temporary and water spots would begin to appear again. Now, since in my posession, the car has not seen rain. In addition, the car was a huge dust magnet. I was getting so disgusted with these reappearing water spots that I was seriously considering having my hood reshot.

I finally broke down and purchased the Zaino kit along with their grit guard wash bucket.

I went at it again with Swirl X only this time using my buffer - not a D.A. After a few easy passes I was able to eliminate 99.9% of the water spots but had some slight holograms. I then did the Dawn thing in prep for Zaino.

Now, I had never used Zaino before and I followed the directions exactly using the additive to speed the process. Well, after 3 passes with Z5 I could not believe my eyes. No trace of the holograms and a finish that quite frankly I have been searching for for years. In addition, the anti static properties of the wipe down product is simply amazing. I have never seen anything like this!

My brother, who has a classic Z car could not believe his eyes when he saw the finished product. I can't wait to get a few coats of the Z2 on it this weekend and really blow it out of the water.

I have to tell you, I normally do not publicly endorse any products but I won't hesitate spreading the word about Zaino.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Banned

I used to be an avid Zaino user, but the time needed to layer the stuff on is just too impractical.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GPMike,May 6 2009, 08:54 AM
I used to be an avid Zaino user, but the time needed to layer the stuff on is just too impractical.
That's what has always scared me away from Zaino. All the layering of stuff, it sounds way too fussy to me.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

zainoholic here too... although i do use other products- my synthetic product of choice depends on the car and my mood at the time-

just zainoed my harley over the weekend. used the last of my old z1, and it wasnt doing very well (falling apart fairly badly)- but it did fine when it met the metal.
man a bike is an easy paint detail (not that much to do- spent most of my time on the spokes with luster laces)!!

back to zaino- put two coats of z2 on the harley (each cured nicely while i worked on the spokes and other parts) and topped by hand (palm) rubbing lusso oro as a final coat.

pds- at some point you will want to remove those holograms... its likely that you can do that with a polish. bad news is that polishes remove zaino (which, by the way, sal zaino calls his products polishes but they are not true polishes). and when you are ready to try something new, try some carnauba over that zaino- makes it pop even more, and imo lengthens the life of the zaino (not that this is an issue for me as i seem to rezaino way too often).

and everyone on this board is waiting for me to say this, so i will:

post up some pics of your detailed ride for us-
and then pm your post to me so i can badge you as one of us wackos!!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:51 AM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by GPMike,May 6 2009, 08:54 AM
It is very good, but I can obtain same or better results with products taking less time.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by S2KRAY,May 6 2009, 12:51 PM
It is very good, but I can obtain same or better results with products taking less time.
Yes....I used to have an 02 SS that I used Zaino....the results were unlike anything I have seen. But the fact that you have to layer it on, wait, layer it on, wait and do all this by hand is just a disgustingly long process. You need at the very least 8-12 layers for that pop effect. But I will say this....the stuff works as advertised...you can't take that away from them. If slave labor was still around....its the only way I would go back to using it.

Look at all the detail gurus here....they get the same results as a 12 layered zaino car in 1/4 of the time or less and without the hand buffing/application labor. PC ftw.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wanabe,May 6 2009, 09:41 AM

and everyone on this board is waiting for me to say this, so i will:

post up some pics of your detailed ride for us-
and then pm your post to me so i can badge you as one of us wackos!!

Old 05-06-2009, 12:32 PM
PDS

Thanks all. I'll tell you - I was worried about the time invovled as well but.....with the ZFX (?) accelerator I was able to do the three coats within two hours. Plus, it really does go on and off with minimal labor.

As far as using a PC and traditional products - yea, I was old school (no disrespect intended!) - never use a sealant, only hand work the products. But, I 'm sure that there's a PC somewhere in my future!

For right now though - I could not be happier!

And yes, I'll get some pictures and post
Old 05-07-2009, 05:10 PM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

As long as you are satisfied that is all that counts. The PC can be useful in situations requiring compounding/polishing etc. and it does save time and is more efficient than hand application. Looking forward to seeing your pics.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by PDS,May 6 2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks all. I'll tell you - I was worried about the time invovled as well but.....with the ZFX (?) accelerator I was able to do the three coats within two hours. Plus, it really does go on and off with minimal labor.

As far as using a PC and traditional products - yea, I was old school (no disrespect intended!) - never use a sealant, only hand work the products. But, I 'm sure that there's a PC somewhere in my future!

For right now though - I could not be happier!

And yes, I'll get some pictures and post
Yep, the ZFX really speeds up the process, I just did one coat of Zaino all in one and one coat of Z2 with a wipedown of Z6 in between and the results are outstanding, 14 coats for the POP is BS. 2-3 coats is all you need and I have found no other product to outlast a Zaino shine.

I tried NXT, look good at first (not nearly as good as Zaino) and it wore off very quickly. Zaino is quick and easy to use and worth the few extra $$ for the results you can achieve in a few coats. 1/3 to 1/2 oz does the whole car, I think most people put it one way too heavey which is part of the reason some say it takes so long to dry.