S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zaino - Better Marketing?

Old 06-07-2001, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

William,
I don't think the debate lies in the results, but more with the process to achieve those results.

Even beyond the hassle ordering, what about the application process? I mean Zaino recommends letting their product dry for an hour. Additionally, they say wait between six to 24 hours between coats. That is just nutty. If I leave my car uncovered for an hour, it has a layer of dust. Now it is a thin layer, but still a layer of dust. When one goes to remove this polish, where does that dust go? Seems to me it would be buffed right into the finish. And in six hours I add another coat then wait an hour and buff that off? Repeat three more times. Well I have just spent my weekend cleaning my car, not driving it.

I guess it comes down to compromise. I use P21S, spend about five hours for a full detail including the pre-polish and two coats of wax. I am completely satisfied with the depth of the results and it doesn't take me a weekend to clean my car.
Old 06-07-2001, 10:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nin009
[B]William,
I don't think the debate lies in the results, but more with the process to achieve those results.

Even beyond the hassle ordering, what about the application process?
Old 06-07-2001, 02:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1Y2KS2K
[B]Maybe my logic is screwy here, but why do you suppose Zaino isn't sold on the web, or even a sponsor on this board?
Old 06-08-2001, 05:48 PM

I also wondered whether Zaino was the "real deal" or not. So I bought, if I remember correctly, $68 worth of products from my local distributor. I followed the Dawn/claybar/wash/Z1/Z2/Z6 routine when I first got the products in January.

Since then, I've polished again with Z2 once (maybe twice) and used the Z6 about 3 or 4 times. I've never put on multiple coats of Z2 and I'm not a fanatic about keeping the car spotless. I wash it probably every 10 to 14 days.

I washed the S2000 an hour ago, and was just admiring it in the (semi-dark) garage. I could see a mirror-like reflection of every shovel, ladder, rake, etc. on the wall next to the car. In fact, the reflections were so sharp that I could see the orange peel inherent in our quality Honda paint job.

Are Zaino products expensive and hard to find? Well, considering what I spent on the car and how easy it was to find and contact a local distibutor, I'd have to answer "no." I'm sold on the product. Just one man's opinion, of course.

Mike
Old 06-12-2001, 10:08 AM

I think its a coverup. There is a huge lobbying effort going on by people who truely care about their cars and its finish...they are paying Sal to keep Zaino from being easily available to those who don't. Its a pride thing!
Old 06-12-2001, 02:35 PM

I'd buy zaino and try it out if atleast Zal would take CC over the phone....

The closest distributor in houston is over an hour from my house....
Old 06-15-2001, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by shingles
I'd buy zaino and try it out if atleast Zal would take CC over the phone....

The closest distributor in houston is over an hour from my house....
Shingles - Have you called the local distributor to see if he will take an order over the phone??

BTW - I work for Unocal and spend a lot of time at our facility (off Highway 59) in Sugar Land - Maybe the next time I am there, we can do lunch (or dinner).
Old 06-16-2001, 04:10 PM

I just did the Zaino deal today on my s2000

washed it well twice
dryed it by towel then air dried in garage
Z1
Z2 waited an hour before removing
Z8? Ultra spray polish

Lots of work. Ive done it before on my other car. One thing that worked out well before was I used paste wax, removed it, then used the ultra polish spray. Car looked great probably just as good.