S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zaino believer!

Old 07-30-2001, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino believer!

I had to try this product since everyone gave great reviews. So after the long wait after I sent my check, it finally arrived last Friday. So far, I applied Z1, then Z5 and let it dry overnight. Took it off in the morning and applied Z5 again the next day. I haven't used Z2 yet since I'm trying to get rid of the scratches and swirl marks. I still see small scratches so I'm wondering if they will really go away, I guess I'll know after a couple more coats of Z5.

All I can say is WOW! The product is fairly easy to work with and produces a beautiful shine with no streaking. After the first coat of Z5, the paint didn't feel silky smooth like with Carnuba, but the second coat feels pretty good. I'm not talking about a rough feeling, I call it the slide factor - like how far a towel will slide on the car when tossing it. I know getting some coats of Z2 will help. I'm hoping by the weekend I'll have four coats of Z5 and at least a couple of Z2's on there.

Anyway, here's some photos...

Old 07-31-2001, 08:16 AM

Lookin good!
Old 07-31-2001, 09:04 AM

What did you use on your headlights? I've used plexus before but recently tried the 3M wax and was amazed. Just ordered Zaino today.
Old 07-31-2001, 11:43 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tfunk
[B]What did you use on your headlights?
Old 07-31-2001, 01:05 PM

I used Zaino on the headlights and tail lights.
Old 07-31-2001, 01:32 PM

Wow! All the pics I have seen of Zaino have been impressive. I look forward to Zaino on my Stook after final prep by the repair shop.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:19 PM

Looking good...don't forget the Z6 in between. You don't get any slicker after the Z6 app. It will also deepen the shine between coats.

Nice!!
Old 07-31-2001, 10:20 PM

Great job as always Rick. If you didn't get the Z6, you can use some of mine to see it you like it (I'm sure you will).
Old 08-06-2001, 06:22 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow, great shine. Got to love that Zaino.
Old 08-19-2001, 09:07 PM

I tried out Zaino on my new silver. Just ordered the Z1 and Z2 to start with. I liked it so much I sent in a second order for Z5, Z6 and Z18 (clay bar). Here's my observations:

Get it all! Don't do like me and only order only the basics. This stuff is all good!

The Z18 clay bar really makes the surface SMOOOOTH! I also found that the paint had lots of little metallic specks imbedded in the clearcoat/paint. The clay bar pointed them out because it would make the paint very slick except where the specs were. The clay wouldn't get the specks out, so I had to pop them out with the tip of my pocketknife. Now the whole car is slick. I tried a Meguiar's clay bar on my wife's Accord before getting the Zaino clay bar, and there's a lot of difference. The Meguiar's bar actually stuck to the surface of the car (even with liberal amounts of lubricant) and left clay smudges all over that were a bitch to clean off. The Zaino bar left nothing behind.

After the first coat of Z5, the paint didn't feel silky smooth like with Carnuba, but the second coat feels pretty good. I'm not talking about a rough feeling, I call it the slide factor - like how far a towel will slide on the car when tossing it.
rstark - the Zaino clay bar will really make the difference in the smoothness. I know - I tried just the Z1 and Z2, then went back over it with the clay bar when I got it and could hear and feel all the microscopic dirt coming off and leaving the surface silky.

The Z1 and Z2 are great, but the Z5 really evens the surface and improves the shine.

Z6 is awesome! It made all the difference on my car. Shiny before Z6, VERY shiny after - and once again, like the clay bar, made the surface extremely slick.

I haven't gotten the Z7 car wash or the tire dressing yet - I guess that will be my next order.

BTW - I am in no way affiliated with Zaino. I am just extremely pleased with their products and wish I had ordered more of them to begin with.

Quick Reply: Zaino believer!