S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zaino Advice - Results

Old 01-30-2009, 07:14 AM
PDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino Advice - Results

First post here..... I've read about all I can on the Zaino system but still have a couple of questions.

I recently purchased a 02 BB S2000 with low miles. The paint appears to be in decent shape with the exception of some water spots (light) and minor swirling.

In the past I have been completely old school when t comes to detailing cars - strip, polish, glaze (Imperial Hand Glaze), and then high quality carnuba.

However, I've recently seen and been intrigued by the Zaino system. My question is this:

How effective is the Zaino at correcting minor water spotting as well as filling swirl marks?

If need be, I'll stick with my old school approach to get desired results. However, as I said, after seeing Zaino on a Spa I was completly blown away. Also, the owner was very positive about Zaino.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Former Moderator

Zaino sealant is great, no doubt about it.

I'd use Z2 as a sealant and Z-8 or Z6 as a detail spray. Z5 isn't that good at filling swirls and i'm not a fan of their very light polish polish Z-PC.

i'd use a paint cleaner, clay, decent polishes and finish with Zaino topped with carnauba. I'd skip the glaze since the oils in the carnauba will work the same way.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

am guessing that your car might use some clay first-

and the menzerna polishes are the best for our black paint if you want to move on from glazes.

old school is fine, cause thats where i came from too!!

i was still glazing when i first got my s2000. i like the 3m glaze with zaino (a few coats of z2) topped by wax (p21s is very easy to use, and lusso oro is also a nice wax).

pics of my car with zaino (not mentioned cause they dont sell it), 3m glaze and p21s:
http://properautocare.com/3mperswirmar.html

you could do the glaze, since you are comfortable with it and when you are ready to really remove the swirls to to the menzernas.

agree with ubetit on the basics- we just have slightly diff approaches.

our sponsor is the best place to get menzernas and lusso oro... be sure to let him (phil) know that you are one of us and he will give you a discount.

btw, you will not want to do a real swirl removal by hand- you need a machine to do that. be sure to check out our how tos for that process. after you check those out, post questions back here. we can guide you through this.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always thought that what you wax is what you get for results. If you wax scratches, you get shiney scratches.

Shouldn't you work the swirls out of the paint before you apply any sealer/glaze/wax/Zaino?
Old 01-30-2009, 11:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PanteraKitty' date='Jan 30 2009, 12:23 PM
I always thought that what you wax is what you get for results. If you wax scratches, you get shiney scratches.

Shouldn't you work the swirls out of the paint before you apply any sealer/glaze/wax/Zaino?
pretty much correct...

glazes are used to oil the surface and can be used to fill swirls and minimize them. you can use a glaze instead of a polish or in addition to the polish

he would likely wash, clay (maybe), wash, glaze, zaino, wax (in that order)- or replace glaze with polish... or you could do both but thats usually considered more advanced.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:28 AM
PDS

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

I appreciate the collective wisdom and I'll follow the advice.....

BYTW, I'm not surprised !!!