S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zaino

Old 09-21-2009, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino

what products do you need to order? I keep reading about z1 but on the site all they list is z2. Also could someone tell me how to apply it. I'm about to do a m105/m205 with a DA to my car. Do you apply it right after the polishing is done?
Old 09-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the answer to which ones to order is all opinion-
i am old fashioned and do still use the z1/ z2 combo sometimes- they have tried to discontinue z1, and i still get it from friends... prob just best to go to the modern method !! (z2 with the accelarator- yes, i use that too)-
i dont use any other zaino products now (have used them all from when sal zaino first began selling them- and even before that!)... but z2 is my go to synthetic.
yes, after the polishing is done you put on a good synthetic, like zaino.
i also like to top my zaino with a coat of wax (p21s or lusso oro are my favs here).
be sure to let each coat of zaino cure- i do other parts of the car while it cures... and you can also do a coupla coats then finish up.
next time you wash the car throw on another coat or two. zaino loves to layer. after at least 2 coats of zaino, throw on some wax, and let us know what you think. i think it pops better (especially on black) and also repels dust better with some wax on top.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:42 PM

Isn't z1 the product that you put on your car? (the sealent?) I saw that z2 is the acelorator but if they discontinued z1 what took it's place?
Old 09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by josh7owens,Sep 21 2009, 02:42 PM
Isn't z1 the product that you put on your car? (the sealent?) I saw that z2 is the acelorator but if they discontinued z1 what took it's place?
no- z1 was originally a binding agent. the accelerator works as a binding agent now-
z1 is no longer needed (and as i said i dont think that they sell it anymore). its for dinosaurs like me !!

z2 is the sealant- zfx pretty much took the place of z1

more info here:

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mercha..._Code=YOUCHOOSE
Old 09-21-2009, 03:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is why I've avoided Zaino altogether. I don't want to play chemistry set when I detail. I also find the product names infuriating. Why do they insist on calling their clay "Z-18?" What's wrong with calling it, oh I dunno, "Zaino Clay?"
Old 09-21-2009, 04:08 PM

yea thats how I feel about it also. I have seen pictures on here of it done and looked amazing but I have no clue on what I need to do it or even how its applyed!
Old 09-21-2009, 06:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by josh7owens,Sep 21 2009, 04:08 PM
yea thats how I feel about it also. I have seen pictures on here of it done and looked amazing but I have no clue on what I need to do it or even how its applyed!
Wanabe is a Zaino guy, but we let him be the moderator anyway.

There are lots of other ways to get your car to look amazing; I'd say all of us regulars here on Wash and Wax have a slightly different set of favorite products, although there are lots of similarities as well. And most of the products don't even require a secret decoder ring to figure them out.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:34 PM

I have yet to find anything that outlasts the durability of Zaino; and that is important during the winters we have in Indiana and all the salt and snow and crud that gets dispersed.

Buy some Z2pro and some ZFX. ZFX is mixed with Z2pro and that allows you to put 3 layers on your car in 24 hours; you can actually put on a layer every 30-60 mins, depending on weather conditions.

Without ZFX, you can only put on 1 coat every 24 hours, and durability wont be as good.

I also use their Z6 QD and whatever their car wash is.

That being said, my car is a DD, at least 10 miles a day, rain or shine, and garaged; and I have had a coat of Zaino sealant last well over a year easily.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by GPWhiteS2kFTW,Sep 21 2009, 08:34 PM
I have yet to find anything that outlasts the durability of Zaino; and that is important during the winters we have in Indiana and all the salt and snow and crud that gets dispersed.

Buy some Z2pro and some ZFX. ZFX is mixed with Z2pro and that allows you to put 3 layers on your car in 24 hours; you can actually put on a layer every 30-60 mins, depending on weather conditions.

Without ZFX, you can only put on 1 coat every 24 hours, and durability wont be as good.

I also use their Z6 QD and whatever their car wash is.

That being said, my car is a DD, at least 10 miles a day, rain or shine, and garaged; and I have had a coat of Zaino sealant last well over a year easily.
for a black s2k do use use z5 and zfx? or z2 and zfx
Old 09-22-2009, 05:19 AM

it looks like on a black car they want you to do 2-3 coats or z5 then do 2-3 coats of z2 on top of it. Would you put wax on top of that? like some Pinnacle Souveran?

Quick Reply: Zaino