S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Zaino

Old 05-03-2008, 07:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Zaino

I just ran out of Klasse and P21S and i'm thinking of using Zaino for the first time. I've been away from the boards for a while so I'm sure there are new products or methods I don't know about, but after browsing the Zaino website I think I have an idea of what I need (correct me if i'm wrong):

Z-5
Z-2
ZFX

Also, I still have a lot of Menzerna polish left; can I use the Menzerna twins in place of Z-5 or will I get better results if I used both Z-5 and Z-2. Can I layer the Z-2? From what I understand Zaino doesn't require any wax on top of it, it provides wax-like protection.

And finally, is there any other place to buy Zaino other than their own website? If so, where is the cheapest?

Thanks for your feedback guys. My car appreciates it
Old 05-03-2008, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, you can use your Menzerna polishes in place ofthe Z-5, and I would reccomend it. Z-5 is not a true swirl and haze remover, it is a filler sealant.

Z-2 and ZFX are all you really need to apply a layer of sealant, although they reccomend that you use a quick detail in between layers of Z-2. Use them after you polish with your menzerna and are happy with the results.

You can layer Z-2, and it is also reccomended. I have usually put 3-5 layers on my car. I am too lazy to do it all at once, so I will add another coat every month after a good wash and quick detail. I local corvette owner in town has 31 coats on his car.

You can add a wax on top of Zaino to give more depth, but it is not required.

Welcome to the zaino family, where it might take long to apply, but it outlasts the competition!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And from my knowledge, the only place you can buy zaino products is from their website, but i have heard of others finding local distributors, just shoot an email to Sal Zaino himself, he usually responds withing 48 hours, at least the two times I emailed him.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lotsa good questions... lets see if i can add to the above answers:

1. the menzerna twins are a better choice for polish than the zaino option, imo (and for the reasons above)

2. yes you are right, zaino does not require anything over the z2. in fact, many years ago when "sandwiching" was first being experimented with i asked sal zaino whether carnauba over z2 would provide any improvement... his answer was not only would it not add any improvement, but it would not bind to the zaino-
being the wacko that i am, this was an invitation to try it as far as i was concerned... i did, it was a hit and now its common practice.
btw, about the same time (maybe he beat me to it), david bynon was using p21s over the klasse twins for what he is famous for calling "the perfect shine".
a very long way of saying that you do not have to use your p21s over the zaino, but i would encourage you to give it a try.
a simple way to do this is to put on at least a coupla coats of z2 the first app.- then wait until the next time you wash the car and then put on the p21s. this will give you a chance to compare the zaino only vs. zaino under the p21s (you could also try just putting the p21s on the trunk and then inspecting the back of the car compared to the front).

i find a that the p21s protects the zaino, allowing it to last even longer. i think i get a deaper wetter look too with the wax on top.
and hey, its easy to use!

be sure to post up pics of whatever you decide to try!!
Old 05-05-2008, 06:00 AM

Great responses guys. I'll be ordering my Zaino soon.

One more question: should zaino be applied by hand or PC?
Old 05-05-2008, 07:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s2krazy01,May 5 2008, 06:00 AM
Great responses guys. I'll be ordering my Zaino soon.

One more question: should zaino be applied by hand or PC?
either-

most guys do it by hand... its pretty easy on and even easier off.

my contrary opinion is that the machine lets me apply an almost invisible very light film over the car (keeps the coat consistent). make sure you use a no-cut pad... and for removal, if you wanna use the machine- its a lambswool pad under a micro-fiber bonnet that does the job best. the primary argument against using the machine is that you will waste product that the pad eats.

be sure, either method, to stay in straight lines as the wind blows over the car---

i do it either way, just depending on my "mood"
Old 05-07-2008, 05:38 AM

thanks wanabe. I think i'll apply it by hand since the only pads I have are SFX (even the blue pad has a light cut).