S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

your favorite car soap?

Old 12-17-2011, 08:23 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Default your favorite car soap?

well i wash my car weekly, and i have to say my favorite product i've used on my car, is meguiars wash and wax

i've used meguiar's gold class wash and ice, i've only used products that i can easily get off the shelf
these 2 products aren't too bad, but so far nothing makes the s shine like the wash and wax it seriously looks like you just waxed your car haha at least my dad asks me everytime i wash my car. maybe it's just a placebo cause it says it spreads a small layer of wax, but i'm pretty sure i can see reflections alot clearer

so what car soap have you guys used and what's your favorite out of all them?
Old 12-17-2011, 08:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i use ultimate wash and wax too
Old 12-17-2011, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Dawn dish soap! It fights grease and if you buy the one that is Febreeze scented it leaves your wash mitt smelling good! JK.. Ultimate Wash and Wax is the best I've used off the shelf.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
well i wash my car weekly, and i have to say my favorite product i've used on my car, is meguiars wash and wax

i've used meguiar's gold class wash and ice, i've only used products that i can easily get off the shelf
these 2 products aren't too bad, but so far nothing makes the s shine like the wash and wax it seriously looks like you just waxed your car haha at least my dad asks me everytime i wash my car. maybe it's just a placebo cause it says it spreads a small layer of wax, but i'm pretty sure i can see reflections alot clearer

I used this for the first time a couple months ago and WOW. the shine and clean this soap leaves is incredible. In all honesty my friend came over and had a beer and just stared at it ha.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:13 PM

I use two car wash soaps.

1Z Perls Shampoo. This product leaves a nice slick feel. It uplifts most contaminations off the surface without removing the wax.

Meguiars Shampoo Plus. The mixing proportion is sort of high from what's labeled on it. It incapuslates all the dirt and easily glides off the surface. The downside to this product is it removes the wax easily off the surface if you let it dwel too long.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:42 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Adams is my favorite soap. Generates loads of foamy suds with a compressor/foam lance combo.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-31-ad...h-shampoo.aspx
Old 12-17-2011, 05:01 PM

DP Extreme Foam Formula. It's best for foam gun like apparatus'. Lots and Lots and Lots of foam! If I'm not using a foam gun (rare) I use Ultimate Wash like you guys, plus it's the best OTC car soap you can get.

http://www.autogeek.net/foam-gun-soap.html
Old 12-17-2011, 09:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Prima hands down. Makes Meguires ultimate feel like dawn.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:23 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

i love the input, and i haven't gotten into the high end stuff yet. like i said stuff i can easily get at a local store
someday i'll get into it, but for now, as a college student, this is fine
Old 12-19-2011, 05:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
Ultima Paint Guard Wash. Can't recall everything I've tried but the list includes Zaino Z-7, Meg's Gold Class and others.

Quick Reply: your favorite car soap?